Ch. 9- The Stalking of Dr. Kaya

Start from the beginning

I let out a surprised gasp, causing my windows to shake. The two men exchanged a quick but intense look, as if they had made an unexpected mistake. They heard my gasp even from such a distance.

A rush of chills went down my spine, and a foreboding, pulsating feeling throbbed in my head. Every hair on my body stood on end as fear took hold of me.

Run. My brain commanded.

In a hurry, I quickly checked all the windows in my apartment, making sure they were tightly locked. I paid extra attention to the door, securing it firmly and placing two chairs in front of it as an added barrier. I thought that if anyone tried to break in, my vigilant neighbors would surely hear. Armed with the biggest knife from my kitchen, I strengthened my bedroom door even more.

With caution, I pulled back the curtains on my windows to find that the menacing men and their BMW had disappeared into the night. Sleep was out of the question, and I spent restless hours thinking about my next steps.

The next morning, my top priority was to improve the security in my apartment. I set up motion sensors throughout the place, installed a robust alarm system, and connected everything to my smartphone. Any unauthorized entry would instantly trigger an alert, and law enforcement would be notified without me having to call the emergency number.

While getting rid of the packaging for the motion sensors, something on the back of one box caught my attention—a small seal in the lower right corner.

The emblem was unmistakable—the Volkner emblem. A lion's head adorned with hawk's wings as its mane, and a star on its forehead stared back at me.

This security product, designed to make me safer, was ironically linked to the Volkner enterprise. It was promoted as the most advanced and expensive security system available, setting me back a whopping 400 quid. It was a bizarre turn of events; had I unintentionally placed my safety in the hands of the very organization I might be trying to escape?

I could not help but wonder: Was I a lamb in a land of predators, or had I unwittingly become the hunter, with these mysterious individuals as my potential prey?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Paranoia had a tight hold on my life. Each day, as I walked to work, I couldn't help but notice groups of men, all dressed in black suits, seemingly watching my every move. The sensation of being observed and trailed had become my daily reality.

My daily commute was marred by the constant presence of a black car following me from home to work and back again. My fear of being poisoned had led me to rely on ordering food online, but I couldn't shake the persistent suspicion that someone might tamper with my meals.

The unrelenting anxiety was slowly pushing me to my limit. Nights were plagued by insomnia, and the exhaustion began affecting my work. I even fainted once in the operating theater, a terrifying incident that served as a grim reminder of the seriousness of my situation.

I was a mess, a fucking mess...

Reluctantly, I agreed to go through a psychiatric evaluation, dreading that it might put my career as a surgeon in jeopardy. I had begged Scott not to take this step, but he reassured me that his concern was solely for my well-being and that he wouldn't do anything to harm my professional portfolio as a future Surgeon.

Thankfully, the psychiatrist assigned to my case turned out to be an old friend from our days in Chester. I opened up to her about the overwhelming paranoia and anxiety that had taken over my life. However, I decided to keep two significant secrets hidden: my history of molestation and my involvement in troubling activities. These were wounds too deep to share, even with a trusted friend.