Chapter 11 "What the Hell?"

Start from the beginning

               “Hey!” Sora laughed until tears rolled down her cheeks, she gasped for breath as she said,

               “You look so much . . . like Theodore from . . . Alvin and the chipmunks.” I glare but Sora just kept laughing. Waneta, still chuckling, tore a paper towel off the roll and handed it to me. I snatched the towel and wiped my face. I picked up my plate, fork, and towel and put the towel in the trash and the dishes in the sink.

               “So, are you going to show us your dresses?” Waneta asked and I shook my head while Sora beamed and nodded hers. Angus smiled as Waneta frowned at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. Sora ran off and came back with her dress. Angus let out a wolf whistle and went over to talk to talk with her about her dress.

               “Do you want me to take you home?” Waneta asked me and I stared at him.

               “Do you drive like a crazy person?” I asked him and he laughed.

               “No, that pleasure remains with Sora. I know how to drive like any sane person would.” He assured me and I sighed with relief. I grabbed my dress and followed Waneta through the house and into the car. While I buckled myself in just in case, Waneta turned on the car and the radio. What came on was shocking and every bit hilarious.

               “Oldies country? That’s what you listen to?” Waneta glanced at me, all wounded male pride.

               “What? You don’t like oldies?” I laughed at his shocked expression and managed to gasp out,

               “You’re like a grandpa, I listen to regular country and you listen to the oldies country.” Waneta gave a half growl, half snort, which if I tried to do, it would probably be painful.

               “I don’t mind the new country, I just like the oldies better.” He told me and I just smiled at him. Waneta snorted and turned his car into my driveway. He shut down his car and got out. I got out as well and brought my dress with me. Waneta walked with me up to my front door.

               “Well, bye, and thanks for the ride.” I half waved and went inside the house. I went to the living room and watched through the window as he walked in an arrogant, and quite frankly, gorgeous swagger to his car. I sighed and ran up the stairs to my room. I went to my closet and hung up my dress. I knelt down and grabbed the unmatched pair of blue flats and placed them under my dress. It was close to dusk, which meant it was about six o’clock and close to suppertime. Wonder what maman is making for supper, I wondered as I came down the stairs. I kissed Papa’s head as I passed him to go to the kitchen.

               “Did you get the dress you wanted?” He called and I yelled back,

               “Yeah” I pushed open the door to the kitchen open and came face to face with my mom making my favorite, Rice-a-roni.

               “Ooooh, what flavor is it?” I asked as I came up beside her to give her a hug.

               “Chicken” I smiled to myself and kissed maman on the cheek.

               “I’m gonna head out, alright? I’ll be back for suppertime!” I waved and ran out the back door. I ran until I got to the stream were I had met Talon and found him waiting for me when I skidded to a halt.

               I knelt down and held out my hand. Talon sniffed at me and pushed my hand with his snout. I scratched behind his ears and under his chin and the purring started.

               “Hey Talon, do you have anything to show me today?” I asked him and he rubbed against me before running into the brush. I followed him the best I could and finally came to the place he lead me to. It was a mini-meadow, untouched by time and man. I knelt down beside him again and scratched under his chin in thanks. I glanced up at the sky and winced at its position in the sky. I smiled at Talon sadly and said,

               “I have to go. If you want to come with me you cam, bye,” I waved and ran towards my house. It only took me a few minutes to get to my house and onto the porch. I walked in and headed for the living room. I grabbed season 7 of SG-1 and popped Disc 1 into the player. Maman came out of the kitchen carrying a plate of Kentucky Fried Chicken with chicken flavored Rice-a-roni. I took my plate and ate while watching SG-1 save the Pandarins. I paused the movie and put my dishes in the sink. I went back into the living room and watched the rest of the movie, I put the disc away

               I climbed the stairs and went into my room. I kicked off my shoes and flopped onto my bed. I grabbed my phone and texted Tablita.

               ^_^*Proud*Highland*Lass*^_^: Well, I went to the mall with Sora and got a homecoming dress. Worst. Idea. Ever. It was, to put it quite simply, hell

               I sent it and waited. My phone beeped a few seconds later.

               *Jerrixabelle*: OOOOOOO! I like her, she got you to wear and buy a dress. Does it have anything to do with that hotttie you were telling me about?

               ^_^*Proud*Highland*Lass*^_^: *Blushes* Maybe.

               *Jerrixabelle*: Hehehehehehehe.

               ^_^*Proud*Highland*Lass*^_^: Oh, shush. I’m gonna go to sleep. Bye.

               *Jerrixabelle*: Bye. :)

               I smiled at my phone and turned on the radio. I fell asleep to Rufus Wainwright crooning Hallelujah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; Heyy, so, I'm doing a little contest with this chapter. If anyone can guess why the main commander in SG-1 took the mission in the original movie, why he wanted this, who replaced him and what was his name in the sries, I want the screen name and the actors name. I'll give the dedication to the first person who gets it right. and for those who love thoedore, i barely remember watching the movie, so, you'll have to forgive me, I'm a bit rusty on it. thanks y'all.

~Silvery_Blue_Flames