Chapter Twenty-Seven

After burying Beth, we gathered some cars and drove to Noah's home. The kids have two cans left of food and I'm on my last. Thankfully, Judith still has half a container of her water and formula and all her baby food.

Glenn, Tyresse, Michonne, Rick, Noah, and I all went, while the other's stayed behind. I sat beside Rick, resting my eyes, leaning on him. I could feel his hand rubbing my leg as I rested.

"Stella, time to get up." Rick told me.

I got up and got out of the car,

"This is good. Through the trees, it might just look like part of the wreck." Rick said.

"It's this way." Noah said as we followed him.

I could hear a noise.

---e--

As I listened, I couldn't help but worry. We continued walking and we reached his home. It looked deserted. Noah hit the gates but it didn't budge.

"Stella." Rick told me.

I nodded and climbed up on one end, while Glenn got the other side. It was destroyed.

"Noah!" Rick called out as Noah ran. I watched as Noah cried. 

"We should see if there is anything we can use and head back." Rick said.

"Then what?" Michonne asked. "They see us." She said.

"We can make a quick sweep." Glenn said.

"I'll stay with him." Tyresse said.

"I'll stay too." I told him.

I could hear the voices getting louder. I moved away from them and killed any walkers around us.

"Noah." I heard.

I saw Tyresse and Noah running and I followed them. I had my sword in my hand as I ran. We came to a house. I watched as Tyresse stopped him from going inside. I listened for any walkers. I could hear them.

"Stay here." I told them. "I'll go in first." I said.

"Are you sure?" Tyresse asked.

"Yeah." I told him.

Tyreese

I finally heard the name.

"Tyresse, don't come into this house. You stay in the open." I told him.

"Okay." He told me.

I nodded and went inside. I followed the noise and found a kid walker upstairs in the room. I stabbed it, before heading to the other room. I killed the walker in there and listened for any more. After making sure the house was cleared, I let Noah and Tyresse inside.

I couldn't hear the voices anymore. I smiled.

"I'm going to check the other houses for any supplies." I told them.

I went to the house next door and found some medicine, food, water, and baby food, diapers, and clothes. I put the medicine in my bag along with the baby food and clothes. After filling a garbage bag with food and water, I went back to Tyresse and Noah. We joined the others and went back to the car. As we drove back, I squeezed Rick's hand. 

We almost lost Tyresse today. I don't think I could have handled another loss this soon. I saw Rick look at me and I smiled at him. As we sat in the car, I spoke.

"You almost died today." I said.

"Who?" Rick asked me as everyone looked at me, except Tyresse. He was looking at the road.