Chapter Seventeen

I watched as Glenn drew the prison on the floor, with Carl explaining where he found Tyresse and his group.

"The whole front of the prison is unsecured. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." Glenn told us.

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack? Maybe you scared him off." Beth told him.

I wish I could believe that, but if being in the supernatural has taught me anything. No matter what, people always come back to finish the job or revenge.

"He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming." Michonne told us.

If he's coming, we might need to start planning an escape route. I have Judith's things in a bag. Enough for a couple of months. I even tied two water containers to the baby bag. More weight, but I could carry it. Then I have my bag filled with my clothes, water, food, and ammo. My bow/arrow goes on my back, with my two bags on each shoulder. I had the kids each have a bag packed just in case we need to run. They all have food, water, ammo, and clothes in there. I also had Carl pack a bag too. I can't have him being unprepared.

I listened as Glenn started going off about an assassination. He wanted to go back to the town and kill the governor. His rage is consuming him and it will be his downfall.

"Glenn, stop and think about this. If you leave and try to kill him, it won't be him who dies." I told him.

"You don't know that, Stella. He can't expect us to be coming so soon." He said.

"Now your being idiotic. If you leave, your only endangering yourself. When the group wet to go save you and Maggie, y'all barely escaped, and we lost one of us. If you went by yourself, your only killing yourself." I explained, but I could still smell his anger.

"You can't stop me." Glenn told me.

"I will knock you on your ass and chain you to a bed if I have too." I told him as he got in my face. "Back the hell off." I told him.

I saw Alexander step towards me. I put my hand out. I knew it was his instinct to come to my defense when it looks as if I'm in danger.

"I'm okay, Alec. Calm down." I told him as I grabbed his hand. I could smell his rage and see his eyes flashing. He came into my arms hugging me as he calmed down. "You will stop this nonsense, now." I told him, growling at the end.

I saw him back down. 

"Sorry, Alec. I meant no harm to your mom." He told him.

Alec just pushed himself further into me. The perks of being a wolf. Your more affectionate to your family, but especially if that person is your alpha. I patted his head as Glenn talked with Hershel.

"Rick would never allow this." Hershal added.

"You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" Glenn asked.

Recently, we have noticed him acting a bit off. He keeps walking off and doing other things, talking to himself.

"Think this through clearly. T-dog lost his life here. Lori, too. The men that were here. It isn't worth any more killing. What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now." Hershal told him.

I disagreed with that statement. From what I understand, they may have a lot of people, but not many know how to shoot or have killed anyone. If I could scout and get an estimate, I could come up with a plan of attack and defense for us. I paid attention when I heard Glenn say we are staying.

I heard Judith cry and left the room with the kids.

"Mommy, are we in danger?" Athena asked.

"We're always in danger, but right now, just more so. I want you all to keep your packed bag somewhere easy to grab. If we need to run, we can just grab it and go. You keep all your weapons on you. Alec, your bow/arrow, gun, knives, and sword on you. Izzy, your sword, knives, and gun. Thena, you keep your knives on you and your pistol." I told them.

They all nodded, and we went back to the foyer. I had Judith in my arms as Alexander listened for anything weird. Athena and Michonne seem to be getting along. Isabelle was next to me making faces at Judith.

"The tomb outside the boiler room is overrun again." Glenn said as he and Carl returned.

"That whole section had been cleared." Beth said.

"It a steady stream of walkers." Carl said.

"We're wasting time. The Governor is supposedly on the way, and we're stuck in here with walkers." Hershel said.

"Trapped between a rock and a hard place." Carol said.

"For the last, running is not an option." Glenn said.

"Glenn, if the tombs are filled up again, it may just be a matter of time before they push in here." Carol told him.

"Or until the fence gives way." Beth added.

"Or if one of them herds is passing through? Or settles?" Axel said.

"I can handle the walkers in the tomb. Glenn, Axel, take a car and check the back of the prison. See how bad the damage is. I'll be in the tombs if anyone needs me, just say my name. I'll hear." I told them as I passed Judith to Isabelle, before walking through the cell. Thankfully, I have my own set of keys.

As I went through the tomb, I took my sword out and started to clear the passageway. There were about three dozen walkers in here, but I could handle them. As I was clearing the block, I heard screaming.

"Mommy" I heard Athena scream.

I used my senses and could hear gunfire outside. The kids. I turned around and saw a walker in front of me. I shot it with my gun and ran out of the tombs. I unlocked the gate and closed it, before running outside. I could hear the gunfire all around me. I get behind a bin and looked for the others. I saw Carl, Carol, and Beth together with Maggie not far behind. Axel was dead. I couldn't find the kids.

I took a breath and tried tracking their scent. I followed it and found them behind some bins.

"Mommy!" Athena yelled as she saw me. I saw her get up but saw the guy in the tower about to shoot her.

I ran at full speed, feeling rage at someone aiming their gun at my daughter and I ran to her. I picked her, filling the bullet pierce me, before hiding with my kids.

"Mommy." Athena was crying.

"Shh, baby. I'm here." I told her.

"You're bleeding." Alec told me.

"I'm okay." I told them. I could smell their worry and fear. "I want you to stay here." I told them. I put my gun up and looked at my target. 

How dare he shoot at my child! My daughter! I could feel my face transform and I ran at the full speed. I knew he couldn't see me, and I jumped on top of the guard tower. 

"What the hell?" He asked looking at me. All I saw was red. I took my claws out and I tore him apart. All I saw was red on my hands and face. Everything stopped, when we saw a truck come through.

We waited and saw walkers come out of it. Thats when the firing began. I took my AR and I shot the driver and watched as they ate him. I killed all the others in the guard towers, before looking at the guy shooting my mate. I took a breath and aimed. I took the shot but missed. I could see him hurt, though.

Soon they all left, and I saw Hershel on the field. I jumped from the tower and went to the kids.

"Alec, take your bow and shoot the walkers. Izzy, use your gun and shoot them. Athena, go inside and stay in the office." I told them.

I took my sword out and ran on the field. I sliced any and all walkers I saw on the field. I watched as Glenn came and picked up the others.

"Come on, Stella." Glenn yelled.

"Go on." I told them.

As he drove away, I killed all the walkers. I saw Alec's arrows in a good amount. I continued slicing them apart, feeling all the rage within me in each slash. I looked around but saw no more walkers.

I just stood in the middle of the field, trying to catch my breath and calm myself. I could feel the pain from the wound now that I'm calming down. I could feel the wound healing and I would need to take a bullet out first though. I looked around me and saw Rick with Daryl and Merle. We both looked at each other and knew that this was just the beginning.