Chapter Sixteen

"You can take those stiches out yourself in a week or so." I heard Hershel tell the guy name Allen.

"Pretty nice having medical training." Tyresse told him.

"It can only get you so far." Hershel told him.

I tapped Carl and left the room to get Judith. I could hear her crying in my room. I saw all the kids up, quieting her.

"Who's hungry?" I asked as I walked in picking up Judith. She quieted down immediately. I kept my pistols on me, with my knives hidden and my sword on my back.

The kids all nodded.

"I want y'all to stay close. We don't know these people." I told them. 

Athena came closer to me, while Isabelle and Alexander had their guns on them. We walked to the room and Alec and Izzy got served, Athena came with me to make a bottle.

"How old is the baby?" Sasha asked.

"Barely a week." Hershel told her.

"To be honest, we never thought we'd see another baby." She said. I could hear her coming towards us. 

"Beautiful." She told me.

"Thank you." I told her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"She's not mine." I told her.

"Where's the mother?" She asked.

"She didn't make it." I told her.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Mommy, can we go eat now?" Athena asked me.

"Come on sweetheart." I told her.

"Man, you people have been through the mill." Tyresse said as we went to Alec and Izzy who had our bowls. As Hershel talked to the guests, I went to Carl.

"I'll be in the office, if you need me just whisper my name." I told him.

He nodded and I left. Together the kids and I ate in the room.

"Mom. Those people in the room, are they safe?" Isabelle asked.

"I don't know. Tyresse and Sasha seem sincere, but Allen and Ben. I'm not sure about them." I told her.

We finished eating just as the other's took the body out. I listened as they spoke.

"Golden Opportunity." I heard Allen say.

"For what?" Sasha asked him.

"Little kid and a woman." Allen said.

"Ask for a hand, get a hold of those weapons." Ben said.

"What?" Tyresse asked them.

As they spoke, I got closer to the door leading outside. I gave Judith to Alec.

"We do it quickly, they'll never know what hit them." Allen said.

Just as I was about to go out and kill them, i stopped.

"No. Whoa, Whoa." Tyresse said.

"We're out here to bury Donna." Sasha said.

"We will, after." Allen told her.

"Shut up." She said.

"Look at this place. It's secure." Allen told them.

"These are good people." Tyreese told him.

"This will be easy. Four little kids, two women, a girl, and a one-legged old man." Allen said.

"Don't forget about the convict." Ben added.