Chapter Twenty-Six

After Daryl explained what happened to Carol and Beth, we told him what happened to Bob. That night I stayed up with Rick thinking of a plan. Morning came and the kids were glad to have Daryl back, but it was time to get down to saving our family.

I stood outside, holding Judith, watching the kids help the others.

"He wants to go to Atlanta, but I can't have that." Rick told me.

"We owe it to Carol... and Hershel." I told him.

"I know. We'll leave and get our family." He told me.

"I'll stay. Watch the kids." Michonne said.

"Thank you." I told her.

I grabbed my bag, throwing my bow/arrows on, before grabbing my gun. I hugged each of my babies.

"You watch out for each other and remember I love you, 3000." I told them.

"Love you, 3000, mom/mommy." They all told me.

I went to Magnus.

"You stay safe." I told him.

"I will mom." I smiled when he said that.

"You are my pack and my son. I love you, mijito." I told him.

"I love you too." He told me, hugging me.

I went to Judith and Carl.

"Stay safe out there." He told me.

"I will and I'll keep your dad safe too." I told him.

He nodded and I kissed his and Judith's forehead. After I said goodbye, we left to save our family. I got in the front with Rick and Daryl. After a few minutes of driving we came to the city. We entered an abandon building and came up with a plan to get inside of the building.

"At sundown we fire a shot into the air. Get two of them out on patrol. The once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways take it to the fifth floor. I open the door; Daryl takes the guard out." Rick explained to us.

"How?" Tyreese asked.

"He slits his throat. This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us. From there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapons. We need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha takes them. Daryl, Stella, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. I got Dawn. if there smart, the rest of them will give up. Then it'll be six on three. Seven on three once we get a weapon to Beth." Rick told us.

"Twelve on three. The wards will help." Noah said.

"That's best case. What's worst case? All it takes is one of those cops going down the hall at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet. All hands-on deck. We're talking about a lot of bullets flying around." Tyreese said.

"If that's what it takes." Sasha said.

"It's not. If we get a couple of her cops, alive out of here, we do an even trade. Theirs for ours. Everybody goes home." Tyreese told us.

"Yeah, I get it. And it might work. This will work." Rick told him.

"Let's give his idea a chance." I told Rick.

"Nah, his idea will work. You say this Dawn, she's just trying to keep it together, right?" Daryl asked Noah.

"Trying and doing are two different things." Noah told him.

"You take two of her cops away, what choices does she have? Everybody goes home. Like he says." Daryl told Rick.

He nodded and we got ready for the plan. We all got in our spots. Noah fired his gun and right away a car appeared. They hit him on the side and came out, gun blazing. I saw a male and female. The others and I came out with our guns. Rick whistled and the cops turned to us.