Chapter Six

As soon as the sun rose, we set out. My kids had their weapons and bags, while I had mine.

"Alec, I want you to grab something that belongs to Sophia. Be quick and quiet." I told him.

He nodded as we joined the others as we separated into groups.

I saw Rick take out an arsenal.

"Everybody takes a weapon." He said.

"These aren't the type of weapons we need. What about the guns?" Andrea asked.

She's really starting to get on my nerves.

"We've been over that. Daryl, Stella, Rick, and I are carrying. We can't have people popping of things every time a tree rustles." Shane told her.

"Is not the trees I'm worried about." Andrea said.

I was tired of listening to this. Thankfully, Alec was back.

"Well, the kids and I are heading out. We'll be back before sundown." I told everyone as we started walking.

"Where you goin'. You don't even know the way." Daryl told me.

"I told Rick last night. I can track. There's too much ground to cover with just two groups. The kids and I can go one way and you two the other." I told him.

"A'ight. Stay near the creek." Daryl said.

"Be careful." Rick told me.

"Always am, Sheriff." I told him. "Come on babies." I told the kids as we walked into the woods.

The kids and I walked further into the trees.

"Alright. Alec, I want you to track her. It's been a while since we have turned. Take this chance." I told him.

"Okay mom." He said.

He passed me his bag and bow/arrows. I watched as he turned and I couldn't help but love his wolf. So much like his grandfather.

I had my bow ready for anything. I grabbed the shirt, had Alec catch the scent before we set off.

"Mom, what if we don't find her?" Isabelle asked.

"Let's hope we do." I told her. I don't know what we would do if we didn't.

We continued walking, until we heard a snap. I raised my bow, with Izzy taking her sword out, Athena behind me, and Alec growling. We saw five walkers.

"I'll handle them." I told them.

I notched three arrows and fired them. I stabbed the last two. After I killed the walkers, I heard a gunshot.

"Who fired that?" Isabelle asked.

"I don't know. We have to head back now." I told them. "Athena, get on Alec's back." I told her. I moved my bags to the front of me, before kneeling. "Get on, Izzy." I told her.

After she climbed on, Alec and I ran full speed. We stopped a mile away. I kneeled, as Izzy got off. I took Alec's bag off and granted his clothes.

"Go change." I told Alec.

He took the clothes and came back out. We ran to the highway.

"What happened?" I asked as we saw Dale and T-dog.

"We don't know. The others haven't returned yet." Dale told me.

As I waited I could smell T-dogs pain.

"Isabelle, can you grab the medication from by bag?" I asked.

She grabbed me my bag and the I grabbed the medicine out.