Chapter Twenty-Five

As I slept, I had Judith and Athena in my arms. Alec and Magnus laid, snuggled up together with Isabelle and Carl close by. As I slept, I heard a gun go off. I woke up, just as the kids did. I handed Judith to Athena and grabbed my AR.

I exited the room, with the kids right behind me. I saw the others come in with Bob.

"I was in the graveyard. Somebody knocked me out. I woke up outside this place. It looked like a school." Bob said.

"It was that guy Gareth." Tyresse said.

"And five other ones. They were eating my leg right in front of me. Like it was nothing. All proud like they had it all figured out." Bob explained as I checked his leg.

"Did they have Daryl and Carol?" Rick asked.

"Gareth said they drove off." Bob said.

"Isabelle go to my bag and grab the yellow pills." I told her.

"Save 'em." He told us. 

"No." Sasha said.

"Really." He said. He showed us his bite.

"It happened at the food bank." He told Sasha.

"There's a sofa in my office. I know it's not much but..." Gabriel said.

"Thank you." Maggie said.

Judith started crying. I grabbed Judith from Athena and calmed her down. She slowly went back to sleep.

"Mommy, can I sleep more?" Athena asked.

I put my gun on the bench and picked her up. She fell asleep right away.

"Time for a reality check. We need to leave for DC right now." Abraham told us.

"We don't listen to you." I told him.

"Daryl and Carol are still gone. And we need to get the people who did that too Bob." rick told them.

"I respect that, but there's a clear threat here to Eugene. I need to extract his ass before things get any uglier. So, if y'all won't come, good luck to you. We'll go our separate ways." Abraham told us as they got ready to left.

"You leaving on foot?" Rick asked them.

"We fixed that damn bus ourselves." Abraham said.

"There are a lot more of us." Rick said walking up to him.

"You want to keep it that way? You should come." He told us.

"Carol saved you damn life. We saved your life." Rick told him.

"Well, I am trying to save yours. Save everyone's." Abraham yelled.

"We're not going anywhere without our people." Rick said.

I left the room, listening from a distance as they yelled. I placed Athena down on the floor and Judith in her bassinet. I walked out of the room.

"You're not taking the bus." Rick said.

"Try and stop me." Abraham said.

I looked at Rick. He nodded and I jumped Abraham. He got a punch in, but I was able to put him in a headlock, kicking his knees. I felt a gun against my head, but I also saw Rick with his out.

"Hey. Hey. Hey!" Glenn said. "You stay-- you stay and help us and we will go with you." Glenn said.

"No." Rick said.

"It's not your call." Glenn told him. "Stella, please." He said.

I released him as he gasped for air. "Half a day." He got out.

Glenn and Maggie both agreed and I stood next to Rick.

"You okay?" He asked me, gently grabbing my face.

"I'm fine. You know I can handle myself." I told him.

He smiled, kissing my cheek. 

"I'm gonna go. You stay here and hold fort. Watch over the kids." He said.

"I will." I told him.

As they left, we locked the doors. 

"Carl grab Judith and stay in the back. Isabelle, keep an eye on you sister. Magnus take the roof. Alexander your in here with me." I told him. Everyone did as they were told. I kept my ears out and her them.

"Stay quiet." I told them as I closed the door. I took my claws out and hid in a dark corner. I grabbed my pistol and fired my weapon. Alec killed one with his bow, before using his knife. I killed one buy, before clawing the other. I took my sword and sliced one man's arm off, before stabbing him. I heard a fire outside and knew it was Magnus. After killing everyone, I listened for anyone else, but it was clear.

I lifted two bodies and took them outside and did it one more with Alec and Magnus helping with the others.

"All clear. Come on out." I said just as Rick and the others came in.

"Are you all okay?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, Alexander, Magnus, and I dealt with it." I told him.

He nodded. I went to my room and slept. Morning came and I went to Bob's room.

"You in pain?" I asked.

"I can take it." He said.

I smiled and gently took his hand. I began taking his pain away.

"Thank you." He said.

I smiled; I could already hear the voices.

I went outside with the girls. 

"Isabelle, hold on." I said.

I jumped onto the roof, before doing the same with Athena. 

"Mom, why are the voices always loud?" Athena asked.

"The closer you are to the person, the louder the voice." I told her.

Before I knew it, I felt the scream let out. I saw Athena lean forward, but I caught her, while I held Isabelle. I jumped down with Athena, then Isabelle. I saw as Tyresse and Sasha dug the grave. After, bidding a farewell to Bob, we were saying bye to Maggie and Glenn.

"This is our route to DC. We'll stick to it as long as we're able. If not, well, you got out destination. Once Eugene gets to the big brains left up there, things are gonna bounce back. This group should be there for it. You should be there for it." Abraham said.

"They will be." Maggie said.

We watched as they left. I went back inside with the kids.

"Mom, are we ever going to see Maggie and Glenn again?" Isabelle asked.

"We will. Glenn has been with us since the beginning and Maggie has become family. We'll see them again." I told her.

Night came and as we slept, I heard noise. I woke up and saw the kids still asleep. I left the room, gently closing the door, before walking towards the front doors. I opened them and saw Daryl and Michonne, but I didn't see Carol.  Something must have happened to her. I looked behind them and saw someone else. This is not good.