Chapter 16

The first night after Draco goes back to school, Ursa sleeps alone in her old room. She is awoken by a floorboard squeaking. "Huh?" Ursa says groggily as she looks around her room. A red light shoots at Ursa and hits her in the chest, knocking her out.

     "Take her down to the cellar where she belongs." Bellatrix says to the Death Eater she brought with her.

     In the morning, Narcissa goes to wake Ursa only to find her missing. She runs downstairs and to the dining room.

     "Ursa is missing!" Narcissa says.

     "No she's not." Bellatrix says. "She's where she belongs." Narcissa turns on Bellatrix.

     "If I go into the cellar and find Ursa there, you are going to regret being born Bellatrix!"

     "Just leave her Narcissa." Lucius says. "She is fine down there."

      "No!" Narcissa snaps. "As long as she is forced to be in this house, she will not be staying in the cellar. She will be free within this house. Am I understood?"

     "Yes Cissa."

     "Bellatrix!"

     "Fine." Bellatrix replies. "But if she escapes it is on you." Narcissa turns and storms out of the dining room and down to the cellar. She finds Ursa sitting on the floor in a corner.

     "What do you want?" Ursa asks.

     "Why did you not unlock the door yourself?" Narcissa asks.

     "Didn't know if Bellatrix put up anything to keep me down here. And I just woke up a few minutes ago." Narcissa walks over to Ursa and pulls Ursa to her feet.

     "You are free within the house."

     "If you're expecting a 'thank you,' you're going to be waiting for a very long time."

***

     Ursa is walking down the hall, the adults coming from the other direction. Lucius grabs her and pushes her into the wall, arm across her shoulders.

     "Lucius!" Narcissa exclaims.

     "I want to make one thing clear to you traitor, you are not my daughter and the only reason you are here and alive is because the Dark Lord wants you that way." Lucius says. "The only reason you are not in the cellar is because Narcissa still loves you for some reason. If I had my way, you would be dead. Do we understand each other?"

     "Lucius that is enough."

     "Yes." Ursa replies. "And the only reason you aren't dead is because I don't have my wand."

     "Let go of her. Now." Narcissa says and Ursa looks at Bellatrix.

     "You have no family now you stupid girl." Bellatrix says.

     "And you'd be like the Longbottom's if I had my way." Ursa says and Bellatrix puts the wand she stole to Ursa's temple. "And I do have a family."

     "You mean your friends who left you here? Abandoned you. Left you to die."

     "They didn't leave me. Somebody decided to rip me away from them. If they had a way to get me, they would. And even if they did leave me, I wouldn't blame them. They did what they had to do to survive. Just like I did."

     "You mean betraying us? Leaving your poor brother and mother? Making them worried sick?"

     "Yes. Now stop taunting me," Ursa looks at Lucius. "and get off me."