Chapter 14

"Where's Ursa?" Ron asks after they watch Dobby's death.

     "Her mum grabbed her." Harry says.

     "No." Hermione says. "She's going to be killed."

     "She can defend herself."

     "No, no she can't." Ron says as he picks up Ursa's wand from next to where Dobby was. "This is her wand."

***

     Ursa is still sitting in the tree when it starts to rain. Narcissa glances outside and sighs. "Draco," she says. "Your sister is probably in the old tree or the maze. Try to get her inside please."

     "I will try." Draco says as he gets up from his chair. He goes upstairs to his room and grabs a coat and an umbrella. He goes outside and finds Ursa in the tree. "Hey. Plan on coming down any time soon?"

     "Why should I?" Ursa asks quietly.

     "So you don't freeze to death."

     "I'd rather freeze to death than be here with them. I already tried to escape. They put up different barrier spells. Ones I don't know how to disable."

     "I know. They were put up when the Dark Lord took over the manor."

     "The first time I attacked Bellatrix, Mother said if I did it again, she would let Bellatrix do what she wants to me. Then I attacked everyone. The Dark Lord wants me dead for being a traitor."

     "Well I don't think Mother will let Auntie touch you. Come on. At least come inside. You can stay with me and I'll protect you. I won't let anyone touch you."

     "Promise?"

     "On my life." Ursa nods.

     "Okay. Go back to the Owlery Lyra." Lyra flies away and Ursa climbs down the tree. Draco hands her the umbrella before taking his coat off. He puts it over her shoulders and takes the umbrella back before holding her hand. "Thanks."

     When they get inside, Bellatrix is waiting for them. "Give her here." Bellatrix says. "I will take her from here." Ursa latches onto Draco's arm.

     "No, no." Ursa says. "Draco you promised. You lied."

     "Shh." Draco says as he hugs Ursa as best as he can. "I did not know she would be waiting for us." Draco turns to Bellatrix. "She is staying with me."

     "That is not your call to make." Bellatrix says.

     "Too bad." Draco and Ursa walk towards the stairs. Bellatrix tries to grab her wand only to remember it's gone.

     "Fine. But if she escapes, it is on you."

     "Okay." Draco says as they go up the stairs. Ursa doesn't let go of Draco's arm until they are in his room and the door is locked. "You should go warm up. Take a shower."

     "I'm glad I have my bag with my clothes." Ursa says as she walks into his bathroom. Ursa gets in the shower and there is a knock on Draco's door. The handle jiggles as someone tries to open the door. Draco unlocks the door before opening it an inch. He opens the door completely when he sees it's Narcissa.

     "Did you find her?" Narcissa asks.

     "Yes." Draco replies. "In the old tree. She's warming up right now."

     "How is she?"

     "Scared to be here. She said that she would rather freeze to death in the rain than be stuck here again, that the Dark Lord wants her dead, and that you threatened to give her to Auntie."