2

Valentina spent the next few days packing for her Monaco trip. When the day that she would leave rolled around she was all ready. Her father picked her up in his car. "Hi, sweet heart." He said taking her suit cases and putting them in the car. "Hi dad!" She said and got in the car. They drove to the airport talking about race weekend. Once they arrived at the airport they got onto Fernandos jet. "Thank you." Valentina said as the flight attendants gave her some rosé.

The flight was only about an hour and it would go by quick. "So, are you going to see Lando and Arthur this weekend?" Fernando asked. Valentina nodded. "Yeah, we are going out to dinner." She said and Fernando laughed. "What?" She asked as he continued laughing. "I remember Arthur had the biggest crush on you." He said. "He did not." Valentina snapped back. "He did, everyone knew, you guys were just 16 and too young to notice." He said and Valentina rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well that was when we were young. We are both older now. The last time I saw him was 6 months ago and nothing was weird. We will always be close friends." She explained to her father. Fernando just nodded. "Anyways, who are you dating now?" Valentina joked. Her dad was always going out with different girls, luckily her dad wasn't weird and would only go out with them if they were at least ten years older then Valentina. He has even dated Taylor Swift. "Cut it out." Fernando laughed.

Once there flight was over they made there way to there hotel. Once they got to there, they checked in. Valentina made her way up to her room. She got into the elevator and went up. When she got to her floor she looked for her suite. Once she found it she walked in and put her suitcases in the closet. She sat down and went on her phone. Soon she got a call, it was Lando.  "Hey." She said holding the phone to her ear.  "Hey, want to meet me and Arthur down at the hotel bar for drinks?"  He asked.  "Yeah, I'll be there."  She responded and hung up.  She got into a silk skirt and the matching top.  She did her makeup and made her way down.

She closed her door and turned around. Standing in the middle of the hallway was Charles.  "Val!"  He said walking over to hug her. "How have you been?"  He asked.  "Busy." She said and he nodded. "How about you?" She asked.  "Also busy, where are you heading now?" He said.  "Just going down to the bar to meet your brother and Lando." She replied.  "Oh, my brother will be happy to see you.  See you later." He winked at her and walked away. She shook her head. Oh, Charles.

Once she got down to the bar she spotted him, Arthur right away.  She walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder since he was looking away.  He turned around and a smile instantly spread across his face.  "Hey!" He said and gave her a hug.  She could feel his arms around her waist.  "Its been forever, how have you been?" She asked him.   "Ive been good. How about you?" He said.  "Good, pretty busy. How is F2 going?"  She asked.  "Its good, I'm not racing this weekend though." He responded.  She nodded knowing that he wished he was. "Well at least I won't be walking around the paddock club alone." She said and they both laughed a little.  "When is Lando coming?" She asked.  "Soon I think, he said he would be down here in 5 minutes."  Right as He said that Lando walked in.  "Hey, guys!" He said giving the two hugs. 

The rest of the time they spent at the bar was filled with laughing, drinking and telling embarrassing stories about each other.  Valentina checked her phone for the time.  It read 11:25 pm.  "Guys, I think i'm going to go up now." Valentina said getting out of her seat.  "Yeah, me too.  Ill walk you up." Arthur said. 

The two walked to the elevator.  "What floor are you on?" She asked.  "36, how about you?"  He said.  "Oh, same!"  She said.  They walked out of the elevator and went to Valentinas room.  She opened up the door and turned around to say bye.  "It was nice seeing you." She smiled at him, her smile made him want to fall to his knees. "Yeah, I missed you."  He smiled at her.  "Good night." She said and closed the door.  They were just friends, they always would be.  She reminded herself and tried to forget about it. 

A little while later after she showered and got ready for bed, she forgot about it.  She went to bed with a smile on her face and happy that she saw her best friends.

Authors note:
Cute!
Just to specify, normal font is english, italics is french and underlined is Spanish.

This story is definitely going to be a slow burn. It will take a while for them to get together!

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!
Love you guys🩷🩷