Chapter 3

The door opened and shaken Eda bolted to the living room, trying not to make too much noise. She found her friend sitting by the kitchen island and looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"Melo, show me what have you found." She said, fisting her hands, trying to control her voice. "What did they show to Serkan."

"Do you really want to see? It's pretty drastic." Melo asked half-heartedly, and when Eda nodded, she opened a file in her laptop and pressed print. She went to the printer standing on the desk next to the window and took out the pile of papers. "These are the copies of the reports. He needed to sign every one of them to confirm it wasn't you."

Eda took the documents and put them on the counter in front of her. She started going through the reports and her disbelief and shock were rising with every next page. "I just don't understand why they did that to him. They did that on purpose. Why?"

"I don't know." The redhead sighed heavily, while Eda's gaze fell on the name of an officer, who was leading her disappearance case, and her face changed from shock to raw fury.

Melo looked at her with worry. "Did something happen?"

"Oh, I'm going to kill that bastard!" Eda exclaimed, outraged. "Do you see who stood behind all of this?! I was promised that Serkan wouldn't have any trouble, that he wouldn't be dragged to any of this, and look who was having fun with him!"

"Eda, calm down. You will wake up..."

"I'm going to the station." Seething from anger Eda turned toward the door, grabbing her jacket and car keys on her way.

"Eda, but..."

"I'll be back in two hours!" She was already outside the house.

Melo sighed heavily and picked up from the floor the reports Eda furiously threw there. She read the name of the person on the documents and nodded with understanding. Now it made sense why Serkan wasn't left alone. Eda didn't had a good history with Ahmed Sydin.

* * *

Eda was sitting in the room with the two other agents, listening to recording, which was supposed to stream live.

"That's the door. Someone is in the office."

Eda heard the sound of something falling and crashing, a light curse, and a small chuckle. There were two persons in the office. She heard the ripping of fabric and heavy breaths and sighs. Her eyes widened. Was this bastard cheating on her? Right after he proposed to her? She would kill him personally.

She heard the loud moan. "Serkan!"

Eda froze for a second and then jumped to stop the recording. It wasn't life, it was from yesterday, and it was her voice.

"It's not live!" She shouted, feeling how red her cheeks were. 

Two other agents looked at her incredulously and then chuckled at her. "You shouldn't have sex with your boyfriend in his office you had bugged yourself."

Eda ignored their laughs and bolted out of the room. She knew someone was playing with her and purposely wanted to humiliate her because yesterday she personally took care of that part of the recording but someone broke into her private files, and she knew exactly who this bastard was and where to find him. 

Eda quickly marched through the station's corridors, going to the detectives' offices, and found her culprit standing by the vending machine.

"You asshole! You broke into my files!" She shouted at the tall, blond man.