Prologue: Reunited

Sara 

Two weeks before our reconnection.

On a rainy afternoon, I found myself scrolling through my follower list on Instagram. I decided to click on this one user to check up on how they're doing. I noticed one thing that stood out from the rest of their profile, What the fuck? I thought. I knew that, initially, I already followed them but it didn't say that I was followed back. Huh?

Before assuming anything out-of-the-blue, I had a second thought. Impulsively, I clicked on her profile again and followed her to potentially grab her attention.

It worked.

Oh! It's her! I felt a smile forming on my face. I wondered what she was going to say. Maybe explain why she hadn't followed me back? Or maybe she doesn't want us to talk anymore?

And then, the day came around.

May 19th, 2023

It was the day we crossed paths again.

She was the one who initiated our conversation. I had seen her message and it was the complete opposite of what I had assumed weeks earlier. I felt relieved, to say the least.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Leia

May 18th, 2023

I remember feeling so relieved that the school year had finally come to an end. I struggled more than I'd like to admit, but rose high above all the challenges in my path. I did the best I could, and what matters the most is that I tried.

A couple weeks prior to tonight, I received an Instagram notification. Someone with a private account had requested to follow me.

Who was this? I had no idea. I didn't recognize the profile picture, plus adding the fact that this user only had initials for their name, and no bio whatsoever made me feel stumped. I thought maybe this was a person from my elementary school who was trying to reconnect with me, or a person who I met once before whom I don't remember anymore.

Although that would be impossible, I thought, since I have a good memory.

Who could it be? I racked my brain for any signs of information I may have possibly stored away deep in a safe, but I couldn't come up with anything.

It was only when I reached out to a mutual follower and friend (I had assumed) of ours that I recognized the person. My dear friend, Sara.

It was at that specific point in time that I remembered.

I made a mental promise to myself to get back to her as soon as I could. The month of May had been a busy month in the school I had attended. I had been busy submitting projects left and right, and preparing for our finals. As a result, I couldn't text her at the moment when we had followed each other. I wanted to give her all the attention and time I have, so I settled with making sure I didn't have a busy schedule first before messaging her.

So, I did. I reached out to her, and it felt like our connection truly never ended.