Chapter 18- Hang out

- Amy -

Trip After School Sessions:

They had to gather every 'T' days to prepare for the trip. Getting in electronic and written permission slips. Gathering everyone and teaching them the basics of what they would be doing: Helping. And the lay out of the island. The risks of currents. What to do if you get pulled out, how to get rescued.

Gregory sniggled at this to Jancy his go to pal. There weren't that many on the trip, and they had to do 'group work' to discuss lesson plans to teach the kids English. And they were going to dig and carry things for the villagers in their building effort.

"Wow, a whole lesson to learn how to dig a hole with a shovel."

"I know this from Livvy."

"Who's that?" Cadence asked.

"Our gardener," Amy answered.

"Spoilt," Tiffany's words came Amy's way.

"Yeah, and I am so good, I get pocket money for helping her out," Amy articulated.

Thankfully Jackson was running late. Then a snicker came from Jancy. He had just arrived. Both girls tried for a second to act innocent. The AMy shrugged it off. She didn't care what Jackson quaterback king thought of her . She knew Tiffany was a diva sent from hell itself.

"Alright," the teacher of Physical Education said. Mr. Hek. "Grab a shovel."

"Let's do this," Krystal said, smiling at Amy.

Amy gave one back. This girl wasn't so bad.

"Actually, I'm with Amy, right?" Cadence said.

"Yeah, that's true. How about next time, Krystal?" Amy ended.
Then she confronted Cadence later. "Why did you do that? She's clearly trying ot be friends."

"Amy, that's Krystal the perfect princess/goodie toe-shoes girl. You hated her."

"So what if I did? I've changed."

"Noo," Cadance said. "Something out-of-your-world would have to change for you to want to be friends with her."

"At least I am not trying to be friends with Tiffany," Amy said.

Cadence mock shudder. "Oh hand me a spanner, my life is at its end."

Amy snicker. "Shove it, Kay. Come on let's dig."

Amy dug the tip deep into the top soil, bouncing off the roots till she jumped and got in in deep.

"Wow, you are actually good at that. Pretty excellent."

"Yeah, I am a superstar- Green thumbs and all," Amy wiggled her green gardening gloves.

"Argh!" Cadance cried. Then laughed. "Okay, my go."

"I'll hold it, you jump. Now!"

Cadance's foot stomped the spade into the soil.

"There," Cadance panted. "I passed. Shovel in the hole."

"Which hole was that?" Jancy said, tilting his head into the conversation.

"Your mouth hole if you don't shut up," Amy retorted lifting the shovel full of dirt.

Jancy jerked himself back. Not before Amy splattered his feet with the soil. They laughed.

"Oi- pay back is mi-"

"Mine," ended the teacher, Mr. Hek. "Get back to shovelling of I get you both in detention and we'll be stuck in dirt the whole of lunchtime.

They got back to work.