Chapter 4- Itch

Livvy rubbed the pain from her upper leg. Her last mission for the Black Swan hadn't gone exactly to plan. A dwarf was sick, and she had to get to them inside a hole, dug out by their own. Then abandoned. No one knew why the dwarf was abandoned. Only he was. Gravely ill and so, she had treated him. Then forgotten in her own journey down the hole, her leg had gotten compressed and bruised.

"Now to treat it with an elixir," Livvy muttered.
Pulling up a stool to sit below her collection of vials, she examined the collection. Tucked into a small cottage house in Eternalis, it was a beautiful cosy place she had created. A dull peacefulness to retreat into after her decisions all those years ago, which had cost Quinlin everything. Her hand reached up to the third aisle. The collection was more extensive than Elwin's due to the variety of places, speicies and situations she found herself in. So she had to stretch up a bit. Then decided to levitate a lazy fraction for her tanned fingers to reach.

Her imparter hailed her. She picked it up as she unplugged the necessary vial with her other. Plus a Fountain of Youth bottle, just in case. It was her dear friend.

"Juiline," Livvy called a tease on her face. "What's with the low brow?"

A sigh came from the pale beauty. "The triplets made their way into Dex's extract sachet of supply."

"Punishment planned?" Livvy checked, humour divulging.

"Oh, I know exactly the one." A hesitation came. "Livvy, I heard about the dwarf. Are you alright?"

"Sure, of course I am." Livvy hid the bottle. The last thing Juiline needed was her having to worry if a doctor could treat herself.

"Okay, I know you are busy. We don't want you to stretch yourself too thin." Juiline managed to relax a fraction.

"Elwin is busy with the Moonlark. I figured it was part of what I signed up for."

Another silent lip press.

"Juiline, what is it?" Livvy asked. "If you have another job for me, just tell me. I can add it to my list. I know how not to exhaust myself."

"It's alright, I'll have it sorted covered first." Juiline's frown spoke determination.

A scream and children squabbles came into the background.
"I think you have enough to deal with," Livvy said. "Let me know. I can always ask Tinker about snooping it out first."

"Deal." Juline, or Froster, leapt on the proposal. "A plague has transpired in Portugal. And Romania. simultaneously."

"Seriously? Is it human manufactured?" Livvy asked.

"I think it has traces of murcat releases in its cause." Juiline communicated, "From Flori's and the Gnomes work."

Livvy stood up. "Okay, I'll be right over."

Juline frowned. "I thought you were going to rest after visiting Amy, and dealing with... that."

Her friend hadn't needed to say the other difficulty she had to put up with today. Livvy scoffed. "Quinlin? He's a big softy. Doesn't know how to say 'no' to childywinkles."

"A-huh," her friend didn't believe her. A mist formed in her eyes (obviously thinking of her own husband and 'bad-match'. It was confirmed by her next statement.) "I wish it hadn't turned bad or you could find someone you truly loved and loved you."

Livvy shook her head. "I think I'm good, Juline."

"But when it is good, it is good." The female elf, sadly smiled and shook her head. "Sorry, I distracted myself. Livvy, make sure to rest."

"I will. I simply plan to scope out the situation. Sleep on it, then wait to be amazed at what I come up with in the morning." Livvy dazzled a smile, then added, "And just focus on how beautiful your relationship is, alright? I am happy. I'm fine."
Juiline agreed like she was convinced. Then maybe Livvy was happy with it too.
When it is good it is good...

Human teritory:
Don't see the people, Livvy told herself.
Her fist trembled. The evil and pain they endure... day after day. It made Livvy so mad inside. It was why she chose to help and join the Black Swan without Quinlin's knowledge. She couldn't just stand back and do nothing. She grabbed her satchel and went off. The vial was taking it's toll. The gnomes would prepare a lovely large mossy bed for her, of this she was certain. All I need to do was set up the process and the rest would resume, work on itself, Livvy told herself.