Chapter 2- Again

The evening yawn came. It was time to finish up with his research. The code Quinlin had created came like second nature to him. His hand writing of ink smooth against the page. And this way if he was lost, like other Elves had before him- more frequently than the Council realised and let on- it would remain.

A gleam entered his eyes. Now it faded as another yawn replaced his love for the book shelves that were surrounding his desk. They were his entire lifetime's work- with Alden. Now it was only he who remained after the crack. Both mental breaks, the sad reminder came.

The creak of his comfortable chair, reminded Quinlin his weight wasn't evenly rested, and he needed to hit the hay. Stumbling up a attic way- which was a broken trampoline which collapsed and you went down the trampoline to go where you wanted to go. Bed time.

The creak came again.

Quinlin thought he was one his chair. Then... no. He was in bed. Disorientated his head came up, spying the fireplace he coughed. Dressed in spangly pyjamas, Quinlin crawled through the fireplace.

There stood Livvy. Prying through his desk. Sleepiness battle with the anger of her action. Then he spied what she was holding. Typical.

"You are not going to see her, are you?" countered Quinlin, seeing and catching Livvy stealing into their joint apartment for his blue leap crystal.

Livvy flicked her hair. "Actually I thought you might want to come with me."

"And why would I want to do that. We are divorced." Quinlin folded his arms.

"No, I never agreed to that process. (Technically) We are still married." Livvy said.

Quinlin snorted. "You are making me want to make a Livvy-blockade."

"You used to love these night-time encounters," Livvy retorted, slipping the blue-human leaping- crystal behind her back. "You could come with, if you ever cared about the kid."

"Not until you give me back what's mine." Quinlin stuck out his hand. There was more on that crystal, than locations.

"It's just a flaming crystal Quinlin!" Livvy exclaimed.

Quinlin's face was set like stone. "Give it back, Livvy. It's my work."

"It is impressive," Livvy admitted slowly, then went to drop it.

"DON'T!" Quinlin shouted.

"I'm just kidding." Livvy said.

"No, you weren't." Quinlin came storming over and grabbing it.

"Sheesh, okay. Bye!" Livvy waved a hand and then left the crystal by an illegal light substance.

A wife, his wife, a part of the Black Swan. And Quinlin had never know. (-not while they were married-together). And she hadn't stopped him making the worse decision of his life. How could he ever trust anyone again?

Then he remembered the human girl in their presence. Amy. "If she is ever in danger from the Neverseen I will help"- he had vowed.

Gently, Quinlin placed the crystal back to where it belong. The council rarely allowed Spyglass balls.
An itching came at him. Livvy rarely interceded/intercepted with his path. And they almost certainly always ended up arguing. Why had she visited tonight?

"The annoyance of Livvy," Quinlin muttered and drew up the spyball.

"Show me Amy Foster," Quinlin called.

A picture came of her, Amy, weeping by a graveyard came. It was empty except for the shimmer of the air behind her. He shouldn't go. You're not get involved again. Quinlin told himself, Not in another human controversy.
Sophie had been his first and last 'new admission' process, he had thought. However, after looking after the younger sister, when given the option Quinlin had opted out of wiping Amy's memories. He didn't want to do it. Even though he was the one experienced in such delicate matters. He had grown fond of the child/kid, and his word was final-unbreakable.
"If you ever need me, I'll be there
A promise is a promise." Quinlin had told Amy the day she was due to go home, after her parents were rediscovered by Sophie.

And Livvy must have suspected it, Quinlin thought.

Annoyance rippled through his chest. Yet his vow was still his vow. Quinlin grabbed a human garb which he kept in a secret location and would an obscurer. Quinlin would observe from a distance and ensure the Moonlark's family was safe. He owed Prentice that much. Who had lost his sanity to this cause. Guilt made Quinlin's hands tremble. He had never admitted it to Livvy. Partly because, if he did: the tremors would get worse.
Prentice. Why had Alden been so blind and unweilding that fateful day? Quinlin dragged his mind from the dangerous reminisce.

"Time to go." Quinlin said to the fish bowl there. A present curtesey of post-Amy stay in Atlantis.

Quinlin adjusted his favourite navy cloak and went out the exit 'door'. There was no time for quilt. Or to quit, the pun came into notion as the motion through Atlantis came. Quinlin moved through the city. His light-leaping crystal could not work beneath the city. It had to be down above ground. It was very inconvenient. It was also why this city was known for being the home of introverts, or the 'non-goers'. People came here for shopping sake, but the residents rarely left; unless it was called for. Unfortunately, this was such a time. An Elven cloak obscured his human outfit. He stepped out into the main city center. The cobble stones were once again underfoot. Ones which humans used to walk; along these very streets a few thousand years ago... He blocked the picture, as well as the old fountain. Now a painful reminder of what had been decided long ago.
The human and elf happily standing together, holding hands.