Chapter 16- Livvy: Match failed

Quinlin. Livvy was forced with decisions. Before it hadn't really helped or hindered the Black Swan him... Quinlin not knowing.

It was a risk they all took. Was anonymity better or worse?  She did not know...

* Future

Livvy Sonden's bright blue eyes clinked against her smooth high cheek bone. The ocean spray hit her cheek. Somewhere beneath there feet was the dreaded city of Atlantis, where the elves ruled on sparkled thrones, and ignored the suffering of the people.

"Are you ready?" asked Vespera beside her.

"Yes," Livvy answered.

"Good," the empath's cruel smile came out. "Let's teach them all a lesson they cannot forget."

...

* Present

So here they were. Both inside Atlantis. Both voluntarily in the same breathing space as the other person.

The stairs were each descending behind Livvy and Quinlin as they were forced to march to the same door, and compete to see who would enter it first. Livvy grasped the remaining handle, while Quinlin held the right. A push was all it would take. Quinlin tensed and Livvy moved into the walkway. The picture greeted them of the joint worlds. The writing remain in ancients runes beneath it. The room was empty, completely so. Like the stairs. No one came here; except for match fails. The pressure built on.

'Two worlds join, stand forever.'

Empty existence was this section of of the Elven kingdom. They did not like anyone seeing or doing this sort of thing. Matches were meant to be for all eternity and it could get very messy if they deviated from their origins. The pristine blue and white columned hallway was meant to signify the ocean's rebirth. And a symbol of a human was painted at the base of each column. It used to symbolise something. Now, it was a reminder to all elves trying to file for a match fail- they were being like the humans.

Just before they get moved inside Livvy turned and faced him. "Was there ever a time when you loved me, or thought I was attractive?"

Quinlin anchored his jaw. "I wasn't the fake one during our 2 years."

"Right. It was eight years, Quinlin." Livvy stamped out and She stormed on her emotions- stopping them pouring out. (Controlling her pressure building exhales.)She lifted her bright blue eyes and gave a flick of a smile. "Fine we have our answer."

"Fine."

"Fine." She snapped and left.

Then they had to remain in the same room, till the announcement came to enter in. Waiting for the next session. The Talk. The introductory conversation to approve a match fail. (They couldn't make it easy for an elf- so they made it extremely lengthy.)

Quinlin refused to look Livvy's way. She had chosen this route, it was her choice. Always had been. The Lady entered and they bow stood up.

The local source of gathering information on couple's birth status, the Lady. "Mr & Mrs Sonden, it was a surprise how long it has been until you came."

"We are here now, as expected, shall we sign away our mutual difference."

The lady before them gave a supremely heavenly gesture, then told them to take a seat. "We have to conduct talks first."

"I am confident that won't take long," Quinlin spoke.

"On the contrary, we have to be quite thorough," Her deep blue, almost black irises fixated on Livvy. "Mrs Sonden, take a seat, please. It won't be painful."