Chapter 10- Elsewhere, 2 Kids

Livvy shifted in her sleep. There was yellow bells being placed there.

Theo blinked his eyes, sleepy from the flight back from Perth, London and Belgium. It was a dog-ended trip. Aka. It was rough.
Rupert was pacing, fidgety.
Theo focused on his protective gift...

"It was necessary. This time will be restful sleep."

The Gnomes voice carried over Theo's closed silver eyes. The green tinged small fingers shifted in his vision adjusting the yellow flower bells. The words came up.
'Shadowflux.'
*

Theo annoyed, sat upright. "She's okay."
"We should tell her? - The doc?" Rupert inquired, and shifted in his children army boots.
"Nah," the clarevoyant boy waved a hand. "No point."
Rupert folded his arms. "You can't always see the future."
"Neither can she- the Founder. That's the point. It is way more fun this way." Theo smiled wearily. Plus... It drains me.

"Sure," Rupert replied and uncrossed, ready to disembark.
America.
"Let's catch the flight to the USA," Theo said. "Next."
R

upert's light brown buzz cut hid nothing on his expressive forehead. Americans. So this is the next stop?"
"Yep," Theo said.
"We'll find a place and report to Base," Rupert said.
Theo glanced over his locks at his friend. "He's going to be thrilled."
"He's always thrilled," Rupert answered.

***

In summary, the Council wanted Quinlin Sonden to keep an eye on Amy and hand over any information he may receive from his 'source' from within the Black Swan.

Settled in Councillor Emmery's personal tower in Eternalis, the grand strong design etched the telepath prominence in his field of capable delegate and adjudicator of the council.
T

ea was placed on the crystal and gold trimming table before them. The canvas white arm chairs held a lightness to the meeting, forcing centralise of focus onto the outlining task or person at hand.

The councillor lower a steady hand. The teacup laid aside. "I understand you are working with Ms. Livvy on the after care of the human child."

"Amy," Quinlin repeated the 'child's' name. "Yes, from time to time; with Council permission, of course."

"Naturally. As our new investigatory officer, is there anything you require?" Councillor Emmery asked.

"No. Everything I need is... well, there is one thing. When it is appropriate, can it be sanctioned to consult with our human expert."

"You mean Mrs Sherodon..." Councillor Emmery spoke, referring to the Elf who's chief Work was the study of the humans, "Or the human child, Amy?"

"Who can explain what it is like to be a cat except a cat?" Quinlin responded. "Likewise it is with Amy. She lives in the modern century, she has solved cultural riddles and baseline clues we hadn't spotted earlier. And I am concerned for her emotional well-being due to the kidnapping of those human families."

"Family kidnappings? I was not aware of this." Emmery drew in deep into his brow.

"Well, it is happening." Quinlin informed, "Whether we are responsible for it or not, I believe it is best for it to be monitored."

"You are correct."
Councillor Emmery probably didn't even realise his finger touched his crown as he delved into contemplation. "I will alert my fellow councillors of the situation so we are not blinded to it. So many things gather together, it appears more weeds grow by the day to distract us from the rising corn."

"Or it's all weeds and that's the point. To burn them all together," Quinlin said to the metaphor of the Neverseen.

"Comforting notion, from our Chief Mentalist," Councillor Emmery stated.
But he appeared waiting, as if Quinlin would amend his statement and allowing an extra hearing.

Probably gained from having to juggle elven other voices and opinions besides his own, Quinlin admired before he thought.

Quinlin spoke clearly, "Nothing is an accident with these people, the Neverseen, and else they are utilising every situation and loss to a gain into their advantage."

The twelve elven heads before him wore the crowns of their forefathers as they became twelve instead of three to govern their large people. More heads to count, more figures to lead... but where were they heading as a species?

That was something Quinlin would very much like to know.

*