Chapter - Beginnings- Go on the Trip!

Amy slammed her backpack down by the kitchen and went to find and hound her mum. Mum would be chiller about the idea, Amy reasoned. And Amy was DETERMINED to go.
"Mum! I want to go on a trip!" Amy dropped her cupped hands.
They felt tingly with excitement. She was actually doing something! It was a coincidence it was by the island. Which the trolls were on. Which was part of the Neverseen plot.
Exciting!

"What, Amy? Why? You know we have plans to visit the park this weekend," Amy's mum said.

"Not this weekend. It's a school trip mum. Please!" Amy held up the flyer. "It'll be good for me."

Amy's mum was anxious for a bit. Then her father came in, after a customary hug, he agreed.

"Woohoo!" Amy shouted. Jumping and leaping around. She was going. She was actually going!

*

Next day, there was a meeting for those going on the trip. It was in a month. Not to be sneezed at and everyone in the classroom was chatting in anticipation by the time Amy burst in.
"And you weren't coming," Maize immediately teased.
"Go back into a corner," Amy cussed.
Maize just laughed and shook his head. Several people gathered around and said 'hello' to Amy. Then the teach coughed and asked for attention. She didn't know the teacher well. Maize shifted his backpack so she could put her feet on it too.
They sat back in the session.
Crystal was coming. As expected of the goofy two shoes. But she was polite and waited for Amy to close her bag before speaking.
"Respect, I like it," Amy noted.
"Hey Jada, Hey Crystal," Amy said.
"Hi Amy, I heard you were coming." Jada frowned. Her face went towards the boy section of the group. Maize did his smile to Jada. She was suitably unimpessed.

Jackson looked there way and gave a tiny wave at her. Amy blushed.

"Another Jackson crush," Jada said.

And Crystal crushed her friend with a look. Cadance would have so totally stamped that too, Amy thought. She hadn't really spent time with Krystal. She seemed nice, but not like much fun. Amy glanced Crystal a curious look.

"It's cool, Amy. I am not going to tell." Crystal said.

"About what?" Amy said.

"About the Jackson crush. Duh? Every girls has one." Jada said.

"Yeah, only the losers," Amy retorted.

Jada flashed a look of anger. Not good, Amy hesitated.

Jada tugged on her friend's arm. "Come on, Crystal."
They were marked out in a classroom to get briefed about the trip. Since her parents owned LOADS of money, from being the Freemans. Amy decided to use it. And they agreed. Afterall, since Sophie had sold herself for it, Amy might as well use a bit to investigate and report- if anything came up.
What harm would it do? Amy glanced around the room. Many people were there. Maize and her hanged for a bit and she got on well with all the boys, but Tiffany was there. And if she was surviving this trip- she needed girl time.
Amy roamed and ventured to the girls group. Lead by Crystal, they were actually talking politics. Amy's ears perked.
"What about the missing girl!" Exclaimed one of the girls, Jada. "She looks like  me."
"thirteen days missing they said," said another girl, Christeen.
"It must be hard on their families," Amy said. "Any near us or chance of getting kidnapped?"
"Unlikely," Crystal said.

It would be a couple of afterschool sessions at this rate. Amy would get to know her group going to the island better. For better or worse.

And Jackson was there.

*

Now, the only thing left was to tell her elven guardians... They won't mind. Right?

*