9. Hold me close, please

Keira's POV:
Once we have finally stopped ticking eachother we start to put some clothes on. I go back to my room and put some kit on and heap a hoodie to try and cover the hickeys covering my neck. I also grab a change of clothes because me and Georgia are going out shopping later. I also need to but Lucy a birthday gift.

I get downstairs and see Lucy chopping fruit. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist leaning into her. She immediately relaxes. We stand there for a while just contempt in each others company until Lucy turns around and starts peppering my face with kisses. "I. Need. To. Finish. Making. Porridge." she says placing a kiss on my nose after every word apart from the last one. She places a kiss on my pouting lips for that one.

I sit down at the breakfast bar and just watch her cook thing about what birthday gifts she would want. "Luce what are you doing for your birthday?". "Erm I'm not sure yet kei I think I'm having a lunch with my family and then was going to spend the night with you before I have to go to England camp does that sound good?" "Yeh that sounds perfect although I do wish you didn't have to go" i say she walks over to me with two bowls of porridge and fruit in her hand and kisses my head. I start to relax after that. "I know kei I wish i didn't have to go as well so I could spend time with you but I will FaceTime and message you all the time I promise" she replies. "That sounds perfect Luce" I say trying to make myself feel better about it.

"Are we telling people luce" I question. "Telling people what kei" she replies confused whilst eating her breakfast. "About us" I reply bluntly. "It's up to you kei if you would like we can tell our families and close friends but not tell everyone or we can tell no one" she says laying a hand on my thigh slowly rubbing it. "I don't know Luce can we keep it between us for a bit I don't want anyone to think of me differently" I shyly say. "Of course kei let's just try not to reveal our necks too much today to save the questions" she says placing a kiss on my head and she stand up with her bowl to wash up.

Once I had ate my breakfast I go and grab my phone off charge from upstairs and see I've got a couple of missed calls from my mum. I go downstairs and sit in the living room next to Lucy and call her back.

"Hey mum is everything ok?" I ask when she picks up. "No baby it's not" she says, her voice breaking. "Why mum what's happened" I reply trying too keep calm. "It's your dad kei he's had a stroke" she replies.

I feel numb initially as I drop my phone to the floor. But then the dam starts to crack then the crack turns into it being busted wide open I fall to the floor sobbing. I feel Lucy's hand on my back rubbing it but I can't register anything else.

Lucy's POV:
Keira is sat next to me on the phone to her mum until all of a sudden she drops her phone and falls to the floor. I immediately pick up her phone and start rubbing her back.

"Keira, keira are you there" her mum says. "Hey Mrs Walsh it's Lucy Keira's.... housemate is everything ok?" I ask. "No Keira's dad is really ill he's had a stroke he's in the hospital" she says crying. "Ok Mrs Walsh can you please text keira the hospital he is at ward and bed number and I will bring her straight over" I say scooping keira up onto my lap. "Ok I will do thank you Lucy" she says. "It's no problem Mrs Walsh" i say and she hangs up the phone. I turn my attention to the ginger cuddled into my chest.

I gently stroke her hair, "kei we are going to the hospital to see your dad do you want to get changed?". She nods her head so I carry her up the stairs into her room I place her on the bed and wipe away her tears. I grab a tracksuit and a matching top and place it on the bed next to her. "Ok love do you want me to help you or do you want to do it by yourself" I ask not wanting to over step any boundaries. "Can you help me luce I feel really weak" she snuggles. "Of course kei" I say. I lift her training hoodie and top over her head which leaves her in her sports bra. I put the top on but leave the hoodie off for a minute incase she is too hot. I then I pull her shorts down but leave the Nike shorts she had on underneath on incase she got too hot and put her joggers on.