4. The First Night

Keira's POV:
We walk hand in hand all the way home I don't know where I had gotten the courage to grab her hand but I did and I thank whatever had made me do that. Once we had gotten home Lucy started making dinner we were have spaghetti bolognaise. She seemed to know what she was doing as she danced around the kitchen.

I was staring I knew I was but I couldn't help it. Yet I again I was pulled out of my trance by lucy "hey kei can you feed narla please". "Sure luce where is her food?" I reply. "Its just in the cupboard above her bowl in the utility room" she says. "Ok Luce how much does she have?" I reply not wanting to starve narla. "It's written on the door on the inside of her cupboard" she replies whilst chopping vegetables. "Ok I will do it now" I say as I get up from the breakfast bar.

I walk into the utility room and open the cupboard to grab narlas food. I hear a pitter patter across the floor and I saw narlas head pop around the door at the sound of her food being made. I put her dry biscuits in the slow feeder then get her raw food out and put it in the bowl as well I then rehydrate the dry biscuits with some chicken broth and let it sit for ten minutes.

Whilst the food rehydrates I grab a bottle of water for me and Lucy out of the fridge. I walk over to her whilst she was still cooking and say "hey Luce you haven't had a drink since you got back so I grabbed you a bottle of water". "Thanks kei I appreciate it I had completely forgotten to have a drink" she replies with grateful look on her face. She has a drink and then gets back to cooking. I go back into the utility room and start playing with narla to try and distract her whilst she is waiting for her food.

Once we've played for about five minutes Lucy tells me that narlas dinner should be ready. I stand up off the floor and grab her bowl to give her the food she had been waiting for. She immediately sits to wait for it. The second I put it on the floor she starts to devour it. I walk away to leave her to eat in peace and take my seat at the breakfast bar again.

As I sit down Lucy puts a bowl of pasta next me and then another in front of me. It looks perfect. I take bite of it and it was the best pasta I have ever had. "Mmmmm Luce this is amazing, how did you learn to cook this well?" I ask her.
"My mum taught me and I've always loved being perfect and the best at everything this was one of them" she replies while eating her dinner.

We carry on eating in silence, just as we finish narla trots back in looking to see if we had finished all of our food and of course we had. Once Lucy had finished playing with the last piece of pasta in her bowl I pick them both up and walk towards the sink. Lucy tries stop me "kei it's ok I can wash up".
I reply "no Luce you cooked the least I can do it wash up the dishes, do you want to watch another movie in a minute?"
"Yeh kei if you do I'm going to go and get changed" she says whilst I'm washing up.
"Ok Luce once I am finished here I will go and get changed as well, meet you on the sofa?" I ask.
"Yeh that sounds perfect kei" she says standing up heading towards the stairs.

Once I've finished washing up I head upstairs into my bedroom to have a shower and get changed. I get upstairs and grab a towel off of the pile Lucy left on the bed for me put it on the heated towel rack. I then grab my pyjamas and put them on my bed so it's easier to get changed after the shower.

After around 20 minutes in there I get out of the shower and go into my room to get dressed. I am around halfway dressed when Lucy walks into my room saying "kei are you in here" she slowly gets quieter once she realises I am only in a sports bra and a pair of pyjama shorts. I then realise she is checking me out so I decide to speak.
"Take a picture Bronze it will last longer" I say with a smug look on my face. She turns a deep shade of crimson and says "erm I-I've set-t u-up d-downst-tairs for when you are ready, you are picking the movie tonight" she says stuttering for the first half. "Ok Luce I will be down in a minute" I reply. She leaves the room and heads downstairs to wait for me. That when I saw her hoodie that she gave me earlier. I was already a bit chilly after my shower so I decide to put it on.

I walk downstairs and am greeted by a very sleepy narla. I pick her up and walk into the living room where Lucy was lying on the sofa waiting for me.
I sit down on the sofa when she turns to me and says "I see you like the hoodie".
I reply saying "yep I'm keeping it now don't worry". She looks at me and says "no fair I don't have one of yours".
"Ok bronzey" I reply eating the popcorn next to me.
"What happened to Luce I liked that one better" she says pouting.
"Ok Luce stop pouting or else I will have to kiss it away" I reply not realising what I had said until after it had been said. I start blushing scared for Lucy's response.
"I wouldn't mind that but I don't kiss girls before the first date" she replies blushing, "anyways miss Walsh what movie are we going to watch".
"Hmmmmmmm I'm not sure shall we have a look on Netflix" I ask still stunned from the revelation before.
"Sure" she replies. I hunt through Netflix and find my favourite movie 'wild child'.
I click on it and turned to Lucy to ask "can we watch this please luce"
"Sure kei it's your choice" she replied.

I click on the movie and start it. Around halfway through the movie I start to get cold and Lucy notices. She pulls me into her so I am lying with my head on her chest and puts the blanket over us. Towards the end of the movie I fall to sleep due to pure exhaustion. The next thing I remember I am being carried up the stairs and put into bed.

Lucy's POV:
After Keira finished snuggling into my chest I put my full attention into watching the movie until I heard light snores coming from my chest. I looked down to see Keira fast asleep on my chest. Once the movie had ended I scooped her up and carried her bridal style up to bed. I lay her down on the bed. Then I moved the box of training kit that was left on her bed to the floor in a place where she wouldn't trip over it, then tucked her into bed told her goodnight turned the light off and shut the door.

Once I had finished with Keira I went back downstairs to clean up the living room. I put all of the rubbish in the bin folded the blanket up and put it on the back of the sofa. I the put the pillows back into their spots. After that I let narla out to the toilet one more time made sure all of the doors and windows were locked and went up to bed. I set my alarm for 9am so I would have plenty of time before training and went to sleep.

A/N: hey guys hope you are enjoying the book so far. Does anyone have anything they would like to see in this book? Also do you feel like the chapters are long enough or should they be longer? Is there enough detail as well? Any feedback would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.