Meeting

It was the week after Nijah was born and her eyes were wide open. Cadijah was in the bathroom getting ready for the day since her dad and brother were coming over to the Mendez house to see Nijah. Nick held Nijah as he fed her the small bottle with milk in it. "Can't take your eyes off her huh?" Dijah said sitting next to him on the bed looking at her 2 babies. "Shit, girl I carried you for nine months and you still come out looking like your daddy's twin." Nick looked up at her and kissed her. "We could go again and see if the next one will come out looking like you." She kissed him back again. "Wait till Ni can walk." Nick put Nijah in the crib that was the same height as their bed and went back over to his girlfriend. He pulled her onto his lap for her to straddle him. "Papi I can't do this right now, my dad and brother are coming over." She said falling for his trick of letting him go to her neck. Nick moved one of his hands to her thigh close enough but not going that far. She sighed and got off of him turning to go back into the bathroom to finish her hair, curly was the style today. "Love you mami." "Yeah whatever." She said making him laugh.

The family was downstairs and soon enough Nick and Dijah came walking in. "Don't ask me, he's attached to her." She smiled and went over to her dad. "Hi princess." He said hugging her. Nick gave Nijah to his mother first as he kneeled down watching the two. "I'm a nona already." She said wiping a slow tear that was falling down her cheek. Nijah then went over to Nick's father and brother and then to Cadijah's father. "Is it me or is this Nick 2 point 0." He said holding her out a little ways and looking back and fourth at Nick and Nijah. "Hi Nijah, I'm your uncle, just tell me if you want anything your mom and dad won't buy for you and I will." He said playing with her little fingers while holding her. Nick and Cadijah sat next to each other while he leaned on her for comfort and being on his phone recording. Cadijah just played with his hair and watched smiling every second of the way.
The adults stayed in the living room with the baby while the three young adults moved to the kitchen. Nick sat by the island eating some unhealthy food which Dijah later snatched from him and gave him something better. "You guys coming over by Jace's? Everyone else will be there." Cj said eating grapes. "What like a party? I got a kid to take care of now man, I'm grown." Nick said flexing his muscles making Dijah laugh and roll her eyes. "It's a hang." "Sure, we'll bring Ni to surprise them." "Wouldn't Crystal die of baby fever?" Nick laughed and so did Cj. "Aye not to much on my baby." "I thought I was your baby?" Nick asked. "Wait I though Nijah was your baby." Cj commented. "I can't take you two." She said walking out the kitchen going back into the living room.

It was afternoon going evening and they were up in Nick's room getting ready. "Papi can I get one of your hoodies?" She said walking into the room with a flask of hot water and other stuff to put into Nijah's baby bag. He hummed as he changed her and picked her up placing the pacifier in her mouth. Cadijah placed on the hoodie and picked up the bag while she took Nijah from Nick and he got the carseat. "Hey um, I've got a game this friday so just incase-" "It's fine Nick I'll always support you in Basketball, not everything has to revolve around Nijah." "You sure?" She nodded and they got outside to the car. Nick installed the carseat and then took Nijah and placed her in. "I'll sit in the back with her." He nodded and kissed her opening the door for her and making sure his two girls were comfortable. Off they were.

The doorbell rung and Crystal got up off of Jace as they were talking about something random with the rest if the team. "We expecting someone else?" They all shrugged except Cj but they didn't see.
Crystal opened the door and almost cried. "No way." Cadijah chuckled and handed her Nijah while they walked in not far behind her. "Is that Nijah?" Royale said as everyone went over Crystal. "My dawg, the big daddy's in the house." Musa said dabbing him up into a bro hug. "Damn she's so small." Drew said as he was now holding her. "Yo y'all got any snacks up in here?" Nick said going to the kitchen and Cadijah sat on the couch where there was space left. All these grown ass basketball players in one living room there was bound to be no room to sit but the floor. Nick came back in pulling her up and sitting down then pulling her back down to sit on him. Their height difference was so funny.
Eventually Nijah was back in Crystal's arms who was still on top of Jace. "You two would look good with a baby." Nick said as he looked up from his phone to across the couch. "Shhh, I'm gonna get there soon." Jace said which Crys rolled her eyes at. "She looks just like Nick though." Crystal said looking down at Nijah and then up to Cadijah. "Don't worry I see it to." "At least she has your curly hair." Crystal gave Nijah to Nick and pulled up Cadijah off of him. "Come on let's go for a walk."
"You guys want us to come?" Jace asked. "Nooo." They both said at the same time and laughing going out the door.

"Remember the first time you told me you were prego?"
"I know. Times were so different, we were young and party animals."
"Now we're young adults and the world awaits us."
"Hey um, I wanted you and Jace to be Nijah's Godparents, if you wanted?"
"Really?" She said turning to her and Cadijah nodded. "I love you Dij." "I love you to Crys."