Thoughts

Nick pulled up to the place where he got invited to do a talk show. He sighed and got out his car swinging his keys in his hand as he walked in.
"The man of the hour, Nick Mendez." The producer named Johnny said. The two sat down and discussed the process and then started.

"Yeah yeah of course but Nick here comes the most important questions the fans have wanted you to confirm." Johnny said. "Shoot." "So, are you and the famous Cadijah Ryder expecting a new addition to the family?" "Shit, my girl only couple months in and y'all know already? But yeah yeah we are." He smiled. "I would just like to say he's smiling bright as hell people."
Johnny said informing the people listening. "Are you team boy or girl?" "I mean..to me it doesn't matter but I'd love my baby to be a boy to be just like his dad, you know what I'm saying."
The interview continued for about an hour more and then Nick was on his way back home. His phone blew up with the majority of his fans congratulating him but he just wanted to focus on his family and team.

"How about this one mama, I like this one more." Cadijah said as she and Teresa were trying out desserts they were making for the baby shower. "Aquí bebe prueba esta. (Here baby try this one.)" She said gently giving it to her as Dijah's hands were already full. "Hola ma, hi mami." He said entering the kitchen and placing a kiss on his mother's forehead and one on his girlfriend's cheek. "Nick." He rolled his eyes sarcastically and got down on one knee. "Hi baby I put in there and don't regret." He kissed her stomach and got up making her roll her eyes at his sarcasm. Nick leaned on the counter watching his mom and girlfriend get along so good. "You guys do know we're renting somewhere.?" "Yes baby but we can also tell them what we want to bring and make, after all, it's our shower and not theirs." He fell in love all over again. "Ok, I'll hop on the game, bye."

It was 9 in the night and Cadijah had just came out Nick's shower from all the time she spent downstairs. She sighed at how heavy her eyes felt and layed on his bed using the pillows as a prop. Nick was still on the game and she wanted touch. She noticed it was the only way to sleep comfortable, when she was close as hell to him of course. Nick noticed it to but he summed it up to her getting clingy. She got up and sat side ways on him leaning her head on his shoulder. "Mami." He said as his hands moved fast on the controller and eyes still glued to the screen. Cadijah moved her hand up and down his chest for a bit and then up to his face. She ran her thumb along his bottom lip admiring everything about him with tired, low eyes. As she played around with his face Nick moved his eyes to look at her and placed down the controller. He kissed her and just stared into her mesmerizing light brown eyes. "What?" She asked softly  as she relaxed he just looked at her. "I wanted to talk to you about something. It just came up in my mind but it's all up to you." "What is it?"
"How do you think about moving in together?"
"You for real?"
He smiled and shook his head yes. "But baby, what about basketball." "I've looked at houses and there was one that was relatively close to where I train." "We're so young Nick i-" "It's ok mami we got more than enough time to think about that, right now let's focus on you and our baby." He leaned his forehead against hers as she closed her eyes. "And basketball? That's your career don't forget." "Yes mami and basketball. Come on bed time." She stood up and so did Nick right behind her. "What if I'm not tired?" "Oh I know you are. Come on mami." He pulled her down as he layed on the bed and they cuddled up together, with Nick of course protecting his baby.