|28| Cuddles

TARGET: 95 VOTES🌟

Behind my closed eyelids, In the dimly lit room, the air grew heavy as an eerie silence enveloped everything

Behind my closed eyelids, In the dimly lit room, the air grew heavy as an eerie silence enveloped everything. A lone figure stood in front of a flickering TV, its screen casting an unsettling glow. Suddenly, a chilling breeze swept through, causing the curtains to rustle ominously. I felt my body fluttering as I cocooned myself inside the blanket. In the nightmare, reality and dream clashed, making it impossible for me to distinguish.

The image of the little girl from the movie flashed in front of my eyes, and when those scars and sores opened up on her face to reveal red blood and putrid rims, I woke up from the terrifying nightmare.

The sweat clung to my body, and my breathing was harsh. I wiggled my toes inside the comforter to check if my body was still intact.

I chanted Hanuman Chalisa, muttering the well-hearted words under my breath.

My heart was working overtime, beating way out of its league.

The fact that I was on the verge of wetting my bed like an infant was embarrassing and utterly mortifying. The AC made the temperature of the room cold but my body still felt burning hot.

This was the reason why I stirred away from horror movies. The visuals my mind conjured up every night for the week after it, made it impossible for me to sleep a wink.

I wanted to call my mom, she was always the one who knew how to settle me and lull me back to sleep whenever I struggled with it.

But calling her three at night would be selfish. I didn't want to disturb her even though I was pretty sure she would pick up my call in a single ring.

I shouldn't have fallen into the ego trap.

The sound of my sigh hung heavily in the air, as I contemplated my options, closing my eyes.

Bad move.

The picture of the little possessed girl flickered in front of me, as soon as my eyes shut. An icy chill passed from the tip of my fingers to my neck.

Shaking my head, I opened my eyes instantly.

It was an early morning day for me tomorrow. Sleep was necessary. I would be like a walking zombie if I didn't sleep tonight, scaring people in my office right and left.

Still hiding inside the blanket, I took one hand out and searched for my phone on the nightstand beside the bed.

I dialed Aryan's number, waiting for him to pick it up. Through the walls, I could hear the ringtone of his phone from his room in the eerie silence. I chewed on my nail nervously.

A groggy and sleepy yet titillating voice reverberated through the phone, "What happened?"

"I can't sleep. It's your fault."

"My fault? I don't think so. It was your ego which made you watch the movie and now you are scared. I can hear it in your voice."

"Shut up."