|12| Apologies

Target: 40 Votes 🌟

I rubbed the spot on my arm where I could feel something poking my skin

I rubbed the spot on my arm where I could feel something poking my skin. Snuggling into the soft pillow, I sighed at the comfort it brought to my tired body.

"Wake up." I heard someone say in my dream.

"Wake up, Ria."

More poking.

My eyes went wide awake when I felt someone tickling the sole of my foot. I kicked my legs to get away from the intruder and shouted as loud as I could.

Aryan came into my view, wincing and clutching his shoulder. "Are you Thanos' daughter?" He grunted, "This hurts like bitch."

"Why would you think that it was a wise idea to tickle my foot? It was your mistake!" I exclaimed.

Rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleep, I stretched my body to relax my cramping muscles. Sleeping on the sofa after a hectic day can cause serious issues for your body. The silk-like material of the lingerie that I was wearing, hugged my body tightly, causing restricted blood flow.

"So, this is my mistake too, like yesterday. Got it." He gave me a thumbs-up.

"Umm...about that, I kind of apologize," I murmured silently, my ego not allowing me to say it out loud.

After contemplating my behaviour yesterday, I came to realise how horribly impolite I had been to him.

He snorted, "You kind of apologize?"

He is not going to make this easy for me.

"I am sorry, Okay? It was my mistake." I said loudly.

"What was your mistake?" He rubbed his chin and furrowed his eyebrows for the exaggerated effect.

"Can't you just accept the apology? You don't have to make me feel worse than I already do."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." He shrugged casually. "Is this about how you expect people to act like robots like you are and subject them to your ever-rude personality? Is this about that, huh?"

I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from starting an argument and crying because he definitely hit a nerve with that robot behaviour comment.

"I am sorry, you didn't deserve it. I am just...I am... sometimes...It's difficult to explain. Please forgive me. I know, I tend to be moody sometimes and now that we will be living together, I should warn you that I am... it's a little difficult for me to manage my emotions. I can be a control freak sometimes you know like you said, robot-like behavior. But I will try not to behave like that in future," I whispered, staring down at my lap, afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep my tears at bay if I looked at him right now.

I forced my eyes closed, not ready for this early morning talk as I shook my head to clear all the unwanted thoughts and prevent tears.

"Hey, It's okay, I was just joking, Ria... I accept your apology." He assured me, but I still felt my heart pounding heavily into my ears from baring my insecurities to practically a stranger.