|3| Mutually Agreeable Arrangements

I was still fuming at the thought of my wasted time after talking to my dad when I got Aryan's message

Aryan: Ria, I can't apologise enough for my carelessness but can you please consider giving this a second chance? My mom would be very disappointed if this doesn't work, considering my late father's wish for this marriage to happen.

Oh, he is really trying to guilt-trap me by mentioning his father.

Ten on ten for the effort, but it won't work.

Ria: Look, I respect your dad's wish but I am an extremely time-disciplined person who respects others' time so I expect the same from others for myself. If that's an issue for you and you plan to continue this type of behaviour in the future, then to be very clear I don't think this is going to work.

Aryan: I would try for this to not be repeated in future. My family really really wants this to work so please think about it. And I am sorry again.

Ria: Tbh, it won't really be possible for me to take out time for dinner again, but I am ready to discuss this over a call. That's the best my schedule would allow.

Aryan: That would be good. Thank you. Would eleven tonight be ok? If that's too late, then we can talk tomorrow as well, whatever fits you the best.

Ria: Eleven would be fine. Try not to be late this time.

-x-

I was lying on my bed and re-reading my favourite comfort novel on my kindle. There is nothing in this world which is more satisfying than reading about the fantasy world of romance even if I was a firm believer that bullshit like love didn't exist in real life.

After a long day at work, nothing is as relaxing as a good historical romance with an on-the-shelf spinster heroine and a rake hero.

Callie was consumed, finding herself desperate to match his movements. Her hands seemed to move of their own volition, running along his broad shoulders and wrapping around his neck. She-

Just as I was getting to the good part, my phone blared loud, indicating a call. Startled, my Kindle landed straight on my face, squishing my nose and my eyes instinctively closed from the impact.

I put my kindle aside. I rubbed my nose while swiping up as I picked up the call without looking at my phone and put it on my ear.

"Hello," I said, scrunching my nose and eyes up and down to relax my facial muscles.

"Cute earrings," a low sultry voice reverberated through my phone and its effect travelled from my ears to directly my toes as they curled.

Is it possible to have an orgasm just from someone's voice?

Focus, Ria.

Did he say cute earrings? How- Oh. Oh god!

I immediately looked at the screen of my phone. And there he was.