Chapter 11

Tell me where the king is Morgana ordered.

I'd rather die Merlin replied. Then you shall have your wish...once you've told me. Not even you Emrys, can resist the charms of the Nathair Morgana said. I'm stronger than you think Morgana Merlin said spitting the name out like it was poison in his mouth.

We were best friends Merlin said as Morgana opens the box and a small black snake raised up, hissing causing Merlin to struggle against his bonds.

Percival  is tied to two huge trees with the rope wrapped around his wrists several times. He tests the ropes hearing Merlin's  screams in the distance. Percival grabs ahold of the ropes with his hands and pulls. The ropes break and he falls to his knees.

Percival walks over to Merlin who is slumped over. Percival carefully and gently lifts Merlin's head up, smoothing out his sweaty coal black curls.

She's riding for Avalon Merlin wheezed. Merlin Percival says heartbroken.

I failed

Merlin wheezed again as breath was beginning to fail him. No. You haven't, Percival replied softly Merlin! Merlin! The freindly giant of a knight whispered shaking his friend roughly the heartbreak clear on his face as he rested  Merlin's forehead against his.

Hey Percy where's….. Gwaine started but the words died as he saw Merlin limp in the freindly giant of a knights arms Merlin Gwaine cried falling to his knees in front of Percival. Morgana found him before I…. Percival couldn't finish as he broke down into uncontrollable tears

I'm going to kill that witch both Gwaine and Lancelot said at the same time 

His last words were I failed I told him he didn't and then he...... Lancelot grabbed both Percival's hands squeezing them tightly I.... We all failed him Percival Lancelot said before the Knights all made their way to the tavern in their small Kingdom of  Vernum.

The great dragon landed in the Citadel of Vernum close to the tavern causing many people to scream (despite this being a magical Kingdom no one had ever seen a dragon)

By the end of the day Gwaine, Percival, Leon and Lancelot were drunk out of their minds at least this feeling was better than the feeling of unending pain

Hearing the screams the knights and newly crowned king of Vernum stumbled out of the tavern to see the great dragon.

Yourdead Leon slurred because of his drunken stuper. Isthere anythingyou can do? Percival asked Kilgharrah drunk like Leon. The great dragon. just sadly shook his head. We can't loose him! He's our friend! Gwaine cried. Though no man no matter how great can know his destiny some lives have been foretold  Merlin is not just a warlock he is the future hope for Albion. Take heart, For when Albion's need is greatest... Merlin will rise again Kilgharrah the great dragon said before he disappeared into the sky.

Percival pushed the boat Merlin was in down the lake of Avalon tears fell from his eyes as Merlin disappeared.

For years he waited in fact all the Knights of the round table waited even the newly crowned king Andrew waited. For Albion's need to be the greatest but what the group didn't know was just by being around the young warlock the future hope for Albion some of his magic was passed down to them.

But no one else was the last Dragonlord.(No one else could be.)