Chapter 9

Arthur..." Merlin begged but Arthur Pendragon wasn't listening Arthur had found both Merlin and Evina in the crystal cave I thought you were picking herbs for Gaius Arthur said i am and my sister had offered to help me look and our search lead us to well.... the crystal cave Merlin lied he had found his magic

Arthur had paid no attention to Evina only advanced at Merlin.

All Merlin felt as the sword Excalibur was plunged into his chest was pain like fire. Hurt and betrayal flashed in his golden eyes as he stared at Arthur whose face held no emotion, only disdain filled his eyes Merlin knew eventually he would die at some point he just never expected it to be at Arthur's hand.

His eyes widened as he stumbled over his own feet hitting the ground with a cry his vision began to blacken as he heard a recognizable voice

Dead or alive? Real or imagined? Past or present? These things are of no consequence. All that matters is that you heed the words of your father who loves you. Do not let go, Merlin, do not give in.

Merlin tried so hard to listen to the voice of his father who loved him but the pain was far greater than the voice telling him Not to let go, telling him not to give in. But since when did Merlin ever do as he was told?

What Gwaine saw as he entered the crystal cave was enough to make Gwaine sick was Merlin lying on the cave floor with the sword Excalibur sticking out of his chest Merlin! Gwaine cried, shaking his shoulders.

I failed.

No Merls you didn't.

I'm so sorry Gwaine cried looking at Merlin. He did his best to ignore the pained cry that escaped Merlin escaped his friend as the knight carefully lifted Merlin into his arms.

I'm getting you to a hospital Merlin just fight it a little more.... Fight the darkness Merlin knew that voice, it was distant but familiar Merlin just fight it a little more.... Fight the darkness Gwaine cried again. He ran past the battlefield with Merlin's sister chasing after him. But unfortunately Gwaine didn't get far before Lancelot was catching up with him.

With a weak grip Merlin pulled Excalibur from his chest weakly curling his fingers around Excaliburs hilt Merlin smiled weakly

Your more deserving of this sword than Arthur will ever be..... I know you'll make a better noble than Arthur..... you are my brother.... and..... once and future king Merlin gasped.

The day was drawing to an end. And let's just say that work for Javiera Balmaceda Pascal was boring everyday the same but that would soon change on a cold Friday night.

As Javiera was playing Candy crush on her phone she heard a loud knock.... No if Javiera was being honest it was more so a loud bang that happened twice it in Javiera's opinion sounded frantic very frantic but it also sounded like it was from someone very dangerous she could tell someone was trying to ram their way into the waiting room with his shoulder.

Sorry, we're closed for the day Javiera said over the intercoms but when there was no answer Javiera just shrugged it off a mistake as she saw the metal door rip right off its hinges like it was nothing Javiera suspected magic and Javiera was right as a young girl stepped into the room her eyes glowing like molten lava

Your going to be okay Merls both Gwaine and Lancelot said at the same time

In front of her was a sorceress and two knights dressed completely in blue the sigil that of a dragon the wings of an owl wrapped around the hilt of a sword that scared her more than she'd like to admit but what scared her the most was the blood stained sword Excalibur in one of the knights hands and she couldn't help but wonder who the man killed.