Chapter 3

Sire I think two people from the knights in blood red are protecting your kids at least it sure seemed that way to me Percival said.

Balinor took a breath...... Who were these people that you say are protecting our kids Percival? Hunith asked before Balinor could. Percival thought for a moment King Uther's little brother Andrew, and Guinevere I believe we're their names.

Guinevere woke to the screams and cries of Merlin Evina was in Prince Andrew's room asleep in the man's arms. Guinevere quickly ran to Merlin gathering him into her arms cradling his head in her hands rocking him back and forth in her arms singing softly to him.

O môr henion i dhû
Ely siriar, êl síla
Ai, aníron Undómiel
Tiro, el eria e môr
I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren
Ai, aníron

When Merlin had fallen back to sleep Guinevere made her way to Prince Andrew's room bursting into the room without knocking gently closing the door as too not wake the sleeping pair her heart couldn't help but melt as she saw the scene in front of her.

Prince Andrew was fast asleep with Evina sleeping soundly in his arms and Guinevere knew just by that relaxed look on the girls face that Evina felt safe around the young Prince Andrew Pendragon Morgana was also in the room.

Guinevere soon drifted off to sleep on the floor of Prince Andrew's room. with Merlin still sleeping in her arms .

The first thing Prince Andrew noticed as he blinked awake was a weight across his chest as he fully opened his eyes he saw Evina sleeping on top of him he gently moved his hands to run his fingers through her long Bambi Brown hair an act he always found calming when he did it to Morgana and Guinevere

If his brother found out that he and Gwen are harboring magical children from the kingdom they had recently attacked they would be sent to the pyre themselves especially Morgana Pendragon who was born with magic though she had no idea about the magic the newborn and child hid.

The next thing Prince Andrew noticed as his eyes darted around his chambers was Guinevere asleep on the floor with the baby asleep in her arms and Morgana sprawled out asleep on the floor.

As carefully as he could without waking the young girl he made his way to Gwen gently shaking her awake careful not to wake the baby boy in her arms. Hmmmm Gwen   mumbled sleepily as her tired eyes landed on Prince Andrew.

What are you doing in here Andrew whispered I came to talk to you last night but you were already asleep with Evina sleeping soundly in your arms and I didn't want to risk your brother spotting me so I decided to sleep here and wait until you woke up Gwen said.

Prince Andrew sighed before looking at Guinevere. I'm listening Gwen Prince Andrew sighed again. We need a cover story if Uther learns the truth about these kids they'll be burned at the stake and so will we.

If  Uther found out that we are  harboring a magical child and a baby from the kingdom we had recently attacked we would be sent to the pyre ourselves.

Prince Andrew sighed and for most of the afternoon they discussed a cover story they were in the middle of discussing a story that was enough to fool the current king when suddenly there was a knock on the door which caused Andrew and Gwen  to jump quickly throwing the paper's of many plans for a cover up story into the desk drawer before Prince Andrew cleared his throat  calling for whoever was at the other side of the door to enter.

Leon pocked his head into the room seeing Merlin babbling on the floor reaching for Guinevere to pick him up before his gaze turned to the bed where Evina was rubbing the sleep from her eyes with the palms of her hands.

Seeing it was just Sir Leon Gwen and Andrew all visibly relaxed.

Evina's gaze eventually landed on Sir Leon and she smiled though it didn't quite reach her eyes not being able to keep her gaze trained on the knight any longer she ran to Prince Andrew hiding behind his legs Evina had gone extremely pale.

Sir Leon this is Merlin, Gwen said as Merlin babbled reaching his small hands out to the knight Guinevere smiled as she put the baby into Sir Leon's arms as he continued to babble happily as he continued reaching his small hands out to the knight.

Leon's heart instantly melted and seeing how gently the knight was holding her  brother Evina shuffled out from behind the safety of the Princes legs making her way slowly over to the knight stopping directly in front of him.

I'm Evina the girl said quietly almost to quiet for Sir Leon to hear. At times Evina could be really shy and it didn't help that this was a knight of Camelot but Evina knew that this knight wasn't one who attacked their little kingdom and drowned every single child and baby in Vernum. In fact he was one of the few who like Prince Andrew and Gwen was looking like he was going to be sick.

Years past and Merlin and Evina could tell the exact moment their father had died as Merlin could feel the dragon lord gift passed down to Merlin after the father's death Evina could feel it too.

And over the years Sir Leon, Prince Andrew Gwen and Morgana had done their best to raise the two children of the kingdom of Vernum not that Leon or Morgana knew that small detail. Uther had believed the story of how Merlin and Evina were two lost and scared children that Sir Leon had found in the woods.

Sir Leon didn't object the story though he didn't exactly know the real story of who these children were and frankly Sir Leon didn't think to ask.