𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. sundowning

Start from the beginning

It was like a piece of the puzzle was missing, and it was the centerpiece. It was a piece that made everything else fit.

Shaking his head, he walked into the library, finding Scott and Lydia sitting on their own. By the confused looks on their faces, their search for Stiles continued. They were convinced he was real, that he had been a huge part of their lives, but if so, how could they forget him? Where was he? People didn't just disappear. It wasn't possible. 

His ass had barely touched the seat beside Scott before the werewolf leaned in with the kind of revelation that was much too big to take in so early of a morning. "Lydia thinks Stiles isn't the only person who has just disappeared." Scott abruptly told him, causing the other werewolf to choke on his swig of water. Isaac's wide eyes turned to the redhead whose cheeks had flushed red with embarrassment, he made her sound insane, even if she might be slightly insane. "We were at the animal clinic last night, Deaton made her try..." he paused, forgetting the name.

"Automatic writing." she finished for him. "You enter a trance-like state and let your hand do all of the work," she explained further as she pulled the sheet of paper from her bag, gliding it over the table to the werewolf. He looked at the large word of "mischief" written on the paper, then, at the smaller name written in it. Isaac looked up, slightly confused, the idea of this boy named Stiles wasn't new, so who was the other missing person? "When I snapped out of this trance, it felt like someone was missing. Someone who had been sitting right beside me, but the chair was empty."

"Nobody was sat in the chair," Scott told her again, still in disbelief that they had all managed to forget two people. 

"Then why would Deaton have put two chairs there?" Lydia questioned him, for perhaps the 9th time since they had started their conversation. "Someone was sat in that chair, I swear it." Lydia urged, turning to Isaac again. "I even remember a name." she insisted. Of course, Isaac leaned in with interest, waiting to hear the name. "Kinsey."

Isaac's eyes widened. "Does that name mean something to you?" Scott asked, now not so sure if Lydia had just made it all up.

He quickly pulled out his phone, looking back at his call log. He put his phone down on the table as he pointed to the last call he received last night at around 10 pm. An unknown number. "Last night, someone called me. They knew my name, and they sounded surprised that I didn't know theirs," he explained. "Her name was Kinsey."

"Did you try calling it back?" Lydia asked as she picked up the phone, already trying herself. The boy shook his head, he had been so creeped out by it he never thought to try and think further into it. He had never considered that this might be some creepy supernatural thing and not just some stalker. He had just put it down to someone from school having a crush, someone who he so clearly didn't remember. The redhead placed it on speaker, immediately reaching the strange caller's answering machine. A dead end. With a sigh, she handed the phone back to the wolf as she sank in her chair. "How do we forget two people? How do two people get completely erased from existence? Where do we go from here?"

"Did you find anything on Stiles yet?" Isaac asked them.
Scott shook his head, pointing at a book they had been looking at before he arrived. The closest they had gotten to anything near Stiles was a definition for Stile; an arrangement of steps that allows people but not animals to climb over a fence, which definitely wasn't what they were all looking for. "We could ask Argent? Maybe he knows something that Deaton doesn't?"
Scott and Lydia looked at each other, shrugging in agreement, they didn't have any other choice, they had to explore every option.

The three of them stood silently in the elevator that led to the apartment. The moment that they had stepped into this claustrophobic box, it felt like a wave of cold had washed over them. Like a ghost was amongst them. Someone else should have been here with them. It felt like there was a part of them missing. This journey didn't feel the same. Once again, the werewolf struggled to put his finger on it. He tried to convince himself that it was Allison, it made sense that way, but he nor the other two in the elevator could do it, they all knew that wasn't the answer, as much as they all missed Allison, this hole they felt wasn't the same.