𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. memory lost

Start from the beginning

As Kinsey began walking toward the car, Isaac stopped at his younger brother and Hayden with a raised brow. Both of them looked guilty. And sweaty. He knew that look. Half an hour ago, it was the look he and his girlfriend had had. Do I need to have the birds and the bees talk with the two of you? the brother asked. Liam and Hayden's cheeks illuminated a shade of red so bright it was visible in the dark, both of them frantically shaking their heads, begging him not to. As he slowly began following Kinsey, he motioned that he was watching them, his two fingers going back and forth from his eyes to them. 

Isaac leaned on the car as his girlfriend scoped around it, her brows furrowed with confusion as she took it all in. The strange broken glass, the missing passenger door, the smells that filled the air around it. And what Alex had said to the two teenagers who had found him in the back. Don't let them take me. Don't let them take me too. 

Kinsey shook her head, unable to fathom the words to explain what she felt, what she could feel in the air as she walked around the car, brushing her hands across the metal, feeling what they'd felt. What is it? Isaac asked, watching the different emotions painted across her face. She tried to understand them "It feels like... it feels like... like fear, like guilt, sadness... and at the same time, it feels like nothing. It's like all those emotions were here and then suddenly, they were gone. I can't feel who it came from. I can't feel anyone but that poor scared little boy. It was as though his parents were never here."

She gingerly reached for the glass of the broken windshield, shifting it beneath the moonlight as she looked at it curiously. "How is that even possible?" she asked the werewolf who was entirely befuddled by it all. "Maybe Lydia knows. I mean, its Lydia. Lydia knows everything, right?" Isaac hummed in agreement, it was worth a try. Lydia was like a fountain of knowledge, knowing how people can disappear from the face of the Earth seemed like something she would be able to try and figure out.

After calling for a tow truck, the car was brought into the station impound lot where it was safe, and hopefully wouldn't disappear. Lydia had gotten there as soon as possible to inspect it as her counterpart already had, but before they looked further for clues, Scott explained what he had seen in the young boy's mind, the story of what had happened to this car and the boy left inside of it.

Alex and his parents were riding in the car, his mom in the passenger seat, talking about how the R-rated movie they had just seen was too scary for her son. Alex claimed that he wasn't scared of the movie, his father correcting him to be terrified. And then suddenly, a man on horseback was blocking their way, standing in the middle of the road. The mysterious man dismounted, pulling his pistol out as he walked toward the vehicle. He pulled the trigger and a barely visible wave of energy shot from the gun and blew out the windshield.

Kinsey looked at the piece of glass in her hand again as Scott recalled what had happened to the boy, still in complete amazement and confusion over what had happened. Scott continued as he recalled the rider jumping on the hood of the car, pulling Alex's father through the windshield. In the blink of an eye, he was standing next to the passenger side of the car, ripping it off the hinges and pulling Alex's mother out of it. She grabbed the gear shift as she was ripped from the car, the answer as to why the car had been able to roll past Liam and Hayden. And just like that, Alex was left alone, his parents and the rider gone. 

"Poor kid," Isaac muttered. "How do we help him?"

"We figure out how to get his parents back." Scott shrugged, unsure how to actually do that. "He thinks that whoever took his parents is coming back for him. We can't let that happen. He's still inside, I say we keep him in there as long as possible while we figure this out, that way there are dozens of eyes on him at all times."