Safe Now

The clock reads 3:00 am when your eyes blink open. Bucky's arm is wrapped around you. Earlier when you could finally move he and Loki bathed you and hopped back into bed.

You watched him sleep for a moment. His dark hair across his beautiful face. But Loki wasn't there. You quietly slipped from his grasp and swung your legs over the edge. They still felt sore and heavy and your ass still stung, but you found a robe and went to find him.

The hallways were dark and you tiptoed not to wake others. You turned the corner finding him in the kitchen drinking a glass of water looking out into the darkness.

"You should be in bed," he said quietly.

"So should you," you said wrapping your arms around him. "What's keeping you up?"

He flexes his hand making little green lights from his fingertips.

"I've been thinking a lot," he said. "About what I am, the things I can do." You listened intently. "I thought I knew everything about me, but then," he trailed off.

"Then you learned you can do even more," you finished. He nodded taking another sip.

"There's so much I don't know," he said.

Your hands tensed. You knew what he wanted.

"You want to know more," you said. "And she can tell you."

He gave you a half smile. "I love you, you know that." He whispered.

"I know Lo," you said feeling a small tear forming in your eyes. "And that's why you need to go." You replied. Your heart thudded never wanting to lose him. "You need to find your answers."

He set the glass down and turned to you. His hand wrapped around your waist. You looked up into his eyes. His eyes are sad and beguiling.

"You've gone on adventures before ," you say. "As long as you come home."

He placed his head against yours. "I hate leaving you," he said.

"I'm safe now," you retorted. "Markus is gone. And I have a better bodyguard now." You joked.

He laughed pressing a kiss to your head. "Do you even still need me?" He murmurs.

"Of course," you replied. "I'll always need you. You're always going to be mine Lo."

You looked up and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

" It's because I love you," your voice cracking. " That I need to let you do this. Find your answers," you said against his lips. "Then come home to us."

He smiled down at you. "This is new for us. A new life for you." He whispered. " And I know you love him." He added. "And I know he loves you."

His hand caressed you face. " But I love you too. I don't have a world you in it. No matter what I find. No matter what answers I get. I'll always come home to you."

"And I'll always be here waiting," You replied. A place of soft kiss on your lips caressing your face.

It was these moment. You left with him the best. The moments other people don't get to see if him. When he's soft and vulnerable and loving.

He pulled back smiling. "Let's get back to bed before that bodyguard gives us both the whip."

He clasped his hand in yours as you walked back toward the room.

You loved Loki. He was just as damaged as you, just as misunderstood. There was so much beauty in his melancholy. Although you didn't want to see him go, you couldn't keep him here. It would be selfish.

After everything he's done for you. You needed to let him go, let him get the answers he needs. He had been there for you when he didn't have to be. He cared for you. Respected you and helped you find your strength. And when you love something you don't hold it back.

You both snuck back into bed. You wiggled yourself in the middle and Loki slid in next you. You pulled the covers over you both. Bucky shuffled in his sleep. Loki placed his fingers over his lips, "Don't want to wake the wolf man," he whispered making you giggle.

"I heard that," Bucky said sleepily with his eye still closed. He turned over pulling your back into him. You smiled and faced Loki wrapped your arm around him. You closed your eyes, listened to their breathing. Letting the hum of it carry you back to sleep.