23- Real life

Tw: Homophobia, Jos Verstappen.

Max’s heart pounded in his chest as he walked up the stairs to his apartment. He could feel the cold sweat on his palms, and he tried to calm himself down by taking deep breaths. But the more he tried to steady himself, the more his mind raced.

He knew that his father had found out about him kissing Charles, but he never expected him to show up at his apartment. He felt like he was walking into a trap, and he didn’t know what to do.

As he reached the door, he hesitated for a moment before unlocking it. When he stepped inside, he found his father standing in the kitchen, his face twisted with rage.

“Where have you been?” his father barked.

“I was just out for a walk,” Max lied, trying to keep the fear out of his voice.

“Don't lie to me,” his father said.

His father's voice trembled with anger as he continued, “I know, Max. I know what you've been doing. How could you do this to me? To our family?"

Max's heart sank, his legs felt weak beneath him. He tried to summon the strength to reply, to defend himself, but the words stuck in his throat.

“You think it's okay to be kissing a man? To be gay?" his father spat, his voice laced with disgust. "I never thought my own son would turn out like this. You're a disappointment, Max. A total disgrace."

Tears welled up in Max's eyes, but he refused to let them fall. He clenched his fists, trying to maintain his composure, not wanting to give his father the satisfaction of seeing his pain. Deep down, he had known this reaction was looming, but experiencing it firsthand was a shattering blow.

"Being gay doesn't make me a disappointment, Dad," Max finally mustered the courage to speak, his voice wavering but firm. "It's a part of who I am, just like any other aspect of my identity. Love has no boundaries, no rules, and I won't apologize for living my truth."

His father's face turned an alarming shade of red. "Your truth? You dare spit out that garbage in my house? You think this is how a man should behave?"

Max could feel his father's words slicing through him, every syllable leaving a wound that resonated deep within his soul. He had always wanted his father's acceptance, but now it seemed like an impossible dream.

"This isn't about you, Dad," Max said, his voice trembling with emotion. "It's about me being true to myself. And it hurts that you can't understand or accept that.”

His father's fury intensified, and he took a menacing step closer. "You're a disappointment to this family, Max. I can't have a son who embraces such deviant behavior. Get out of my sight!"

Max stood his ground, his eyes stinging with unshed tears. He had to remain strong, even if his heart was breaking. He knew that this was a battle he couldn't win; not with his father's closed-mindedness.

Without another word, Max turned and walked away, his steps heavy with the weight of rejection. As he closed the apartment door behind him, he finally let his tears flow, the anguish of his shattered relationship with his father overwhelming him.

But within the depths of his pain, Max found a glimmer of hope, a resolve to live his truth unapologetically despite the challenges ahead.

A/n: If you are struggling with sexuality( or anything else) I am here for you. I know how hard it is to come to terms with it and to tell other people. Even when you know they will accept you.