8-Reallife

Max Verstappen was feeling nervous as he walked towards Marie. Charles had asked him if he wanted to talk. 'What am I supposed to do?' he thought. He was about to introduce his fake girlfriend, to his crush. He hadn't been looking forward to doing this  and was hoping that he would have made up his mind about the situation before it needed to happen. But no, the only thing he did was look at photo's of Charles and got lost in his beautiful green eyes. 

"Congratulations on the win, Max." Marie said, while pulling him in for a hug. "Thanks." Marie could hear nervousness in his voice. "What is there?" She asked, worrying about what happened to her friend. " Charles wants to talk. I don't know what to say. It was all a mistake and it will never happen again. I will only be lying to him and to myself. " He whispered, not wanting someone else to hear him. "I can't lie to him, I don't have the ability." He continued. 

"It doesn't matter what you say Max, all do you not say a thing. Just say what your heart wants to say." Marie advised. " But then I need to tell him that I love him. I can't do that, he would never want to see me again. " Marie was taking back about what Max said. He loves Charles, It isn't just a little crush. It is the full L word. "Than why are you faking a relationship?" "I need the time to think, but now we will walk to Charles and I am going to act like I do not remember a single thing from that night."

They walked away, hand in hand. Marie noticed that Max his nerves only got bigger and squeezed his hand. "It'll be fine Max, don't worry," she said, reassuringly. Max smiled gratefully at her and took a deep breath. He spotted Charles and they walked towards him .

Charles had always knew that Max wasn't gay, but still had he found himself feeling something more towards him. He admired Max not only for his driving skills but also for his kind heart, fierce determination, and infectious sense of humor. Charles had often thought about what it would be like to be with him, but he knew that it was important to respect Max's relationship and he had no intention of interfering.

"Hey Charles, good to see you." Max said, feeling nervous.

"Hey Max." Charles replied shyly.

Max gestured towards Marie and said, "Charles, this is Marie, my girlfriend."

'She is beautiful, how am I going to compete with that.' Charles said to himself softly, hoping that they didn't hear him. Marie and Charles were in looks very different. She had blond hair, he had brown. She had blue eyes, he green. She was a girl, he a boy.

Charles shook her hand and said, "Pleasure to meet you, Marie." He had to try hard to not cry. 'Why did I have to fall for him.' He thought. 'Anyone else would have been better, literally anyone.'

Marie smiled back and said, "Likewise, Charles. Max has told me so much about you." Marie said looking at Max and gave him a teasing smirk. Max hoped that none saw how he had blushed, thinking about all the things he had told Marie about Charles. 'Max had tolled Marie about him." Charles thought. 'I don't think that were good things, she must hate me too.'

As they continued to chat and catch up, Charles couldn't help but feel a wave of affection towards Max. He knew that he would never have the chance to be with him romantically, but he was happy to be his friend and support him in any way he could. And maybe, maybe Pierre was right and this was all an act. Maybe someday he could wake up next to the Max Verstappen. 

Ten minutes later, Marie had left Max to talk the Charles. "I need to go. I will see you next time maybe Charles." Marie hugged Max and whispered in his ear. "Good luck." Max smiled. 

"What was it that you wanted to talk about?" Max asked the man that kept him up at night. " Did I do something?" Max said, trying hard to act like he didn't have a clue. "I wanted to talk about last week, at the party." Charles said, almost whispering it. "The party, yes. I'm sorry that I pushed you, I didn't think straight. Shouldn't have acted like that. Sorry." The Monegasque was taking back by his answer. 

'Did he not remember' He thought.' He did have a lot to drink. Fuck' Charles wished that the ground could eat him at this moment. "Yeah, I wanted to apologise as well. I shouldn't have said that to you." He quickly said. Both drivers stood there, hoping that this conversation had gone differently. 

A/n: P3 for Charles. And a good recovery from Lando. Now we need to wait 3 weeks for the next race.