29- Real life

Max was still reeling from the fallout of Charles' paparazzi incident when his phone rang. He answered it, expecting to hear Charles' voice again, but it was his dad on the other end. As soon as he heard his father's voice, he felt a knot tighten in his stomach.

"You didn't listen to me, Max. I said that you had to end seeing that boy." His father yelled.

" I don't know what you are talking about dad. I never said that." Max said.

He know what he said, but he was scared then.

There was a pause on the other end before Max's father spoke again. "You know what I mean, Max. You could be ruining your life with this."

"Ruining my life?" Max said, feeling anger rising in his chest. "Why? Because I'm in love with someone who happens to be a man? I'm not ruining my life. I'm living it my way, and I happen to be happy with Charles."

His father's response was immediate, and his tone was sharp. "I've raised you to know that being gay is unacceptable. You need to end it with Charles and return to your senses. Do you even know what kind of life this will be, Max?"

Max felt his cheeks flush with anger. "I am not ending my relationship with Charles because you or anyone else says so. I know what kind of life I want to have, and I am going to live it on my terms, dad. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but this is who I am, and you need to accept it."

His father's voice rose in volume as he spoke. "We cannot accept this, Max. You need to end this now, or else there will be consequences to pay."

Max felt a twinge of fear at his father's words, but he refused to back down. "I'm not going to apologize for being true to myself, dad. I love Charles, and that's not going to change. We're going to be together, whether you like it or not. I'm my own person now, and I'm not going to let anyone else make decisions for me."

There was a moment of silence on the other end as Max's father took a deep breath. "Think about what you're doing, Max. This isn't just about you. Think about your future, your career."

Max's tone softened a little. "I have thought about it, dad. And I know what I want my future to look like. It just bothers me that you can't accept the fact that I'm happy with who I am."

Max's father let out a heavy sigh. "I'm not saying I don't love you, Max. But you need to know the gravity of your actions. That's all I have to say."

The call ended, and Max took a deep breath, feeling a mix of emotions. His father's words stung, but he knew he couldn't let them get to him. He was determined to stand by his true self, no matter what the cost.

He would go to Charles tomorrow and they will talk about their relationship.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter.