CHP.2 [First Day In Beacon PT.2]

The walk to Ozpin's office was very silent, so much so that white noise were the only thing filling his ears. Kris wanted to ask Glynda questions regarding Professor Ozpin, but decided against it. With how stern she looks, Kris was even afraid of making his footsteps louder than her's.

Thankfully, the road wasn't long, not that it mattered as the boy was on the verge of combusting from anxiety. The two had finally reached Ozpin and was given the permission to enter after Glynda knocked on the doors.

 The two had finally reached Ozpin and was given the permission to enter after Glynda knocked on the doors

"Father..." Kris blurted out the moment he saw Ozpin, leaving Glynda at a lost for words. Noticing Glynda's face, the headmaster chuckles, "I supposed it's time for me to explain... Glynda, I would like you to meet my son, Kris Silverlight". Of course, Kris immediately adds that he is just adopted and not biological.

"I didn't know he was a family member of yours, I figured he was the heir of a company. My apologies" Glynda said, with Kris telling her it's alright. Ozpin then thanks her before asking Glynda to prepare for the ceremony, to which then she makes her leave.

"So Kris, how have you been holding up with the OOO Driver?" Ozpin asked after he turns to face his son. Kris then takes out the Driver and holds it his hands as he stares at it, "I only got the hang of 2 Full Combos, that being GataKiriBa and LaToraTah... And I was able to utilize certain Core Medals in Random Combos but... nevermind..."

Though despite being disappointed in himself, Ozpin was more than satisfied as he pats Kris' shoulder, complimenting him in his abilities to master such a weapon. "That is more than what I planned for you to achieve. You did great, Kris" making the boy smile at his words.

"Come now, let us prepare for the ceremony. You can go ahead first, I need some time for a few preparations"

"Wait, but the hall is too far from here, how am I supposed to get there in time?"

The professor assures his son he would before eyeing at the Driver, reminding Kris of a certain Core Medal.

"Oh right... Cheetah Core Medal, speed of sound..." Kris said with an embarrassed smile.
_________________________________________

Meanwhile, Ruby had just arrived to the hall of Beacon and thankfully, the ceremony has not yet begin. She looked around, trying to find a spot before feeling something on her shoulder. She squeaked before turning around, only to be met with Kris.

"Woah! That was fast! And how'd you even sneak up on me like that?" Ruby exclaimed. Kris tried thinking for a suitable answer but all he managed was "Uhm... I'm a... cat faunus?". Shocking Ruby at first, asking him if it were true before the boy sighed as he answered "no".

It was then, when both of them heard Ruby's name being called. They turned to the source of and saw a female student with long, wavy golden hair. "Hm? Who's that, a friend of yours?" Kris asked, Ruby shook her head and told him that is actually her sister, named "Yang".