CHP.13 [To Forever Fall]

After parting ways with Kris, Phyrra returned to her room, looking out the window, wondering about Jaune if he'll make the right decision. Nora and Ren are also present, with the former jumping on her bed while latter was loading up his weapon. Nora asks the two, wondering why Jaune always come home so late. Ren on the hand, mentioned how their leader has become scarce since fraternizing with Cardin. "That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!", Nora proclaims while twirling mid-air and landing her back on the bed.

"I'm sure wherever he may be now, he's in safe hands", Phyrra answered with a slight smile. Confused, Nora and Ren exchange glances before the boy in green asks what she meant, to which she then brought up Kris. Outside of their room, Jaune was peeking inside without any of them noticing. He closed the door and sighed, still pondering over what choice he wants to make.

"We won't force you to accept our help if you decline them. It is your choice. But know this, even Remnant's greatest warriors wouldn't have made their names in the pages of history, without the help of others, be it friends or mentors"

Kris' voice echoed in his head, but perhaps it was echoing a bit too much. In fact, it was starting to sound like it's not coming from Jaune's head at all, causing him to look around and be met with Kris right up close to his face, repeating "mentors" in a whispering voice. Jaune screamed and fell down before looking up to see Kris, as well as Ruby, who giggled at his reaction.

"Oh... Hey guys", Jaune greeted as he slowly got up with Kris' help. The two greeted him back before Ruby asked if he got locked out of his room. "W-What? No, of course not! I uh... just got here! Yeah!", Jaune answered while letting out a nervous laugh. Ruby asked what Jaune has been up to, with the blonde boy stuttering and trailing off with his words, clearly struggling coming up with an excuse. Kris quickly comes to Jaune's help, telling the young reaper that Jaune is just very tired.

"He's just going through some tough times, Ruby. He's... just worried y'know? Worried if he can keep up with his peers... Despite losing to Cardin in the most easiest match ups ever, being shoved into a locker and blasted off into the skies, presumably flung across the Emerald Forest by a Death Stalker during the initiation...", Kris went on and on with every of Jaune's mishaps he could recall. Causing the boy to groan as he leaned his back against the door, slowly sliding down until he sat down. "Oh don't go all Sad-Jaune on me now", Kris jest, looking down at the emotionally weakened Jaune.

"If only you didn't recall all of those moments... It makes me feel like a failure..."

"I wouldn't say you're a failure. More like... naive and inexperienced, you're only a failure if you quit"

Jaune slowly looks up to Kris and asked if he meant what he said.

"Despite what I just laid down... Yeah. The fact that you didn't gave up in just a week or two proves this. What about you, Ruby? Do you think Jaune is a failure?"

"Nope!", Ruby answered quickly and Kris looks back to Jaune to prove his self-loathing mindset otherwise. "Just cause you're a failure now, doesn't mean you'll stay a failure. However, you will be if you insist on believing-", Kris continued until he abruptly stops and turns to Ruby, instructing her to close her ears, to which she does, before continuing again "-your little plan to sneak into Beacon is something to worry over. Stop it, what has been done, has been done. And even then, you snuck into this academy to improve in your swordsmanship".

Kris then turns to Ruby once again, using sign language to tell her she can open her ears again, to which she does, before turning to Jaune and continues to bestow words of encouragement. "So remember, you're a failure only when you give up, and you are far from a failure. Besides, you're a leader now. Your teammates should always be your top priority. But if you still have trouble believing in yourself, then here's my advice for that; Believe in the friends who believe in you!", he exclaimed as he points a finger at the blonde boy, earning him a silent stare from both Jaune and Ruby.