can we be friends?

☂︎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
         ━━━━━━━━━━

"i'm in love with someone."

☂︎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
         ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

i'm in love with someone.

seven words, nineteen letters, six syllables.

it was something she never imagined she'd say. as someone as young as her, it would've been the least of things she'd think of.

but somehow... she came to this conclusion after meeting her in the strangest way possible.

currently staring at the back of a (h/c) haired girl while patiently watching her try to pull her cape out from under a giant rock twice her size, she huffed out in confusion.

"what are you doing?"

the little girl flinched, her sniffling stopped when she realised that there was someone else with her and she turned around, wiping her snot andl tears away.

"trying to get my magic cape off..."

"magic cape...?"

she tilted her head in a confused manner, eyes narrowing at the said cape before shifting her gaze back to the unknown girl.

'she looks like a magician... weird!'

"there's no way that's a magic cape! if it has magic, then it wouldn't have been stuck in the first place!"

"magician" girl gasped, her hold on her cape tightening as her lips wobbled from the other girl's words.

clearly upset, offended and confused, magician girl began sniffing and wiping her eyes trying to prevent tears from spilling while the other girl watched her, almost feeling guilty for what she said.

"hey uh, look... sorry but that's not really a magical cape."

"grampa tells me it is..."

"then your grampa is a liar."

"oh...."

magician girl visibly drooped, falling on her bottoms to sit on the ground like a defeated toddler.

this earned a sigh from the other girl, and she walked over to her and grabbed a sturdy stick from the ground, pushing the tip under the big rock and putting pressure against it, lifting the rock up with a bit of difficulty.

"hurry..! get your cape out of there..!"

she strained out, struggling to keep the rock up with her stick and magician girl immediately sprung up, jumping away while holding her cape up against her chest, hugging the long fabric as close as possible.