Gu Chen bargained. Seeing the two men's actions earlier, he can tell they're powerful. If NingNing can be protected at least until the moment she can give birth which is 2 months away...

"Deal." Le Yi easily said making everyone confused.

Seeing his hubby's confused eyes, Le Yi explained, "before the zombies arrived, I vaguely saw doctor Gu's face in a newspaper once."

However, the truth is, before saving them, the system suddenly told Le Yi that Gu Chen was a talented brain doctor.

Mentioning such a thing, Gu Chen replied, "that indeed happened when I was interviewed."

Hearing it, Qiang Zhuang did not anymore asked. He faced Gu Chen and directly said, "he has a tumor in his brain. Can you take it out as soon as possible?"

Gu Chen solemnly said, "as long as there is proper medical equipment for operation."

Qiang Zhuang became quiet. Obviously showing that there is none.

Ke Ning suddenly remembered something and destroyed the quiet atmosphere, "husband, isn't your new clinic somewhere in this city?"

Gu Chen heard his wife's words and also remembered.

"You're right. It was the clinic that should have opened a week ago."

"It's new. Does it mean it has complete equipment?" Le Yi asked.

"Yes, it does."

"Then lead the way." Qiang Zhuang decisively said.

The group's original route was changed and they are bound to stay in this city for a couple more months.
........
Once they arrived, there were some zombies around the perimeter. Qiang Zhuang and Gu Chen went out while Le Yi and Ke Ning stayed inside.

While inside, Le Yi talked to Ke Ning to ease the atmosphere.

"How many months?" Le Yi asked.

"8 months." Ke Ning answered while gently caressing her stomach with a smile on her face.

For a moment, Le Yi was brought back to the memories of his twins from the last world. However, he quickly get over it remembering his talk with the system.

"U-um, may I ask your name?" Ke Ning softly asked.

"Le Yi. And you are NingNing?" The last word was paired with a soft chuckle.

Ke Ning suddenly became beet red at the thought of how her husband shouted her nickname earlier, thinking back, she felt embarrassed knowing that the young man in front of her heard of it.

"Then, Ah'Yi. My name is Ke Ning and the man with me is my husband, Gu Chen. Please just call me Jiejie/big sister."

"Okay, Jiejie." Le Yi kindly smile.

"If- if you don't mind me asking, the man you're with..." Ke Ning curiously asked. She had a bold thought but she wanted it to be verified. After all, she's a certified rotten girl, for everyone's information! She has this instinct...

Le Yi did not let her down and show her his ring in his left hand.

"Jiejie, he's my husband, Qiang Zhuang."

Ke Ning inwardly screamed, her face obviously became redder. Her inner obsession with these kinds of things has been touched.

After his words left his mouth, the two men outside arrived in the car. The two who were already ability users, naturally heard their wives' conversation.

Especially, Qiang Zhuang, an obvious romantic aura suddenly appeared around him the moment his wife introduced him.

Meanwhile, Gu Chen was heartily laughing in his heart how cute her wife's flustered appearance is.

Both men directly carried their loved ones as they headed towards the clinic, showing protective postures.

The four people saw an enclosed yet sturdy building in front of them. The location was nicely picked as it is the only building in the perimeter with trees and plants around it adding a touch of greenery. The clinic has a well-maintained exterior.

The moment Gu Chen opened it, everyone went inside. No one wasted time and Le Yi was once again picked up and put to bed by his husband who's urging Gu Chen with his eyes.

Looking around, Le Yi can tell that all the equipments are new and complete. Gu Chen started checking Le Yi's current state and as expected, it did not have good result.

"This...the tumor have swelled already. I can take it out, however, I cannot give you 100 percent assurance. Looking at the tumor in your brain, I believe you already know this? Do you still want to continue?" Gu Chen seriously said making Qiang Zhuang and even Ke Ning frightened.

Qiang Zhuang hugged Le Yi tightly. He doesn't know what to do at this time, but to hug his wife. His mind was blank.

Le Yi felt the undercurrent within Qiang Zhuang. He gently patted his back, look at the doctor and said as he nodded, "we'll continue with the operation. As for the aftermath, I can handle it."

Seeing his resolute expression, no one can say anything.

When the night approached, Le Yi and Qiang Zhuang brought out their materials from the car and started preparing for dinner. They have collected food for the two of them to last for several months, so it is not a problem for two more mouths. Besides, Gu Chen has already promised to join them when gathering supplies.

The operation has been scheduled for the next week, so for the following days, Qiang Zhuang and Gu Chen would go out and look for supplies, while Le Yi and Ke Ning will stay and guard the place.

After planning while eating, everyone went to their own space to rest.
....................
Meanwhile, somewhere outside, the group of Lu and Cao Peng had a coincidental meet up with the same group that abandoned doctor Gu and his wife.

It was a fateful encounter when the two groups went out looking for supplies. Mo Dei, who was fed up with the strange gazes the group has been giving her, quickly hooked up with the other group's leader surnamed Fai.

Cao Peng, who still has little affection left with her has completely been shattered. Not because of her hooking up, but because of the fact that they had been calculated against! Originally, the two groups have come to a temporary agreement to become partners until they reached the base. It has been smoothly going on for several days, yet just as they have completely trust them, their group was made as their scapegoat during zombie hordes and many of their people died!!! While that green tea woman ran away with them and their own supplies!!