Arc 3.7

From afar, grandfather Zhou and Zhou Shan could see someone galloping the horse towards them. The person who rode it quickly jumped down and rushed to them shouting excitedly, "Grandpa! Brother!"

Before Zhou Shan could say something, he was caught in a hug and was gently dragged back. Zhou Ya who hugged only her grandpa glared fiercely at the perpetrator who dragged her brother, her brother-in-law.

Wu Xuan looked back at her calmly and said, "Your brother's body is currently weak. Cannot handle your big build."

Zhou Ya was first worried but when she heard the next sentence she did not get angry but instead felt embarassed, with a hint of pride.

Those years training and cultivating her body nonstop, her soft, tender, and petite body naturally adjusted to her situation. Coupled with nonstop fighting, her body has changed to being bulky and muscular. Her height even surpassed his brother. She even have hard abs! Wearing a soldier's clothes, it even added a hint of musculinity to her.

Women would probably squel and would want to marry her if not for the fact that they knew her gender all along.

Zhou Shan chuckled. The Imperial Duke smiled. Their expression could not hide the great pride surging inside them.

"Husband, its okay. I also want to hug my sister after so long." Zhou Shan said as he softly scratched Wu Xuan's palm.

"Mn." Hearing his words, Wu Xuan let go.

Then, Zhou Ya dived in for a hug. However, it can be seen that she's being careful. As if afraid to hurt his brother.

"Okay! Let's go back home!! I've prepared your favorite foods. You must've missed them so much!" Grandpa Zhou said.

Zhou Ya excitedly responded. Her eyes twinkling and mouth drooling.

As the family was going home, the dropping jaws of the the soldiers who were with Zhou Ya earlier could be seen!

Soldiers: ...who am I? Where am I? The g-general is actually one of the Zhou's! S-she's actually the only grandaughter of the Imperial Duke!!!
.............
Back at the Zhou's manor, the family of four sat around the table full of mouth-watering delicacies. And Zhou Ya...was currently wolfing the foods.

"My child, you must've been starved by that little brat!" The Imperial Duke sympathetically said as he referred to a certain Shadow member who had been responsible for the well-being of his grandchild.

"Dont worry grandpa. Its not what you think. Its just that the taste of the foods are diffwrent from the border." The Imperial Duke sighed in understanding. He, too, has experienced of it.

"Recently the palace is in turmoil. Is that right, husband?" Zhou Shan suddenly asked.

Wu Xuan gave an affirmative nod. Seeing his wife's gossipy face, Wu Xuan pursed his lips intending to hide his smile, lightly scratching his wife's palm, and slowly said.

"It is somehow related to the crown prince."

Though still eating, Zhou Ya perked up her ears while bowing her head wanting to hide the frost in her eyes.

"According to the informations spreading inside the palace, a servant who was about to go to his room to sleep, accidentally saw a shadow went out from the crown prince's study. Though, this should not be uncommon, the shadow was said to have the dragon nest symbol in his clothes."

The room was silent.

Dragon nest symbol is simply a taboo in the capital. People bearing this symbol is likely to be a barbarian. And barbarians are the most hateful enemies due to their figting style which is all focused on rage and reckless fights. They are referred to be 'uncivilized people' as they have no manners and are full of evil deeds. They arent known for etiquettes. Barbarians recklessly invade and pillage nearby villages on the more 'civilized people'.