● Twenty-One ●

Izuku groaned in discomfort as he bounced around on his exercise ball, pain shooting through his abdomen. Now 33 weeks in, and 7 weeks away from birth, his Braxton Hicks were getting more intense. Though, he had discovered that certain movements, exercises and massages relieved them. 

He hummed as he ran a hand over his abdomen, slowing down his movements as he turned at every bounce. Green eyes focused on his surroundings in hopes of forgetting the cramps, loving how the nursery looked. He shifted, turning on his ball to face the crib, butterflies emerging in his stomach as he pictured their daughter sleeping it in one day. 

"I'm home." 

A low groan was heard throughout the apartment, the sound of the front door closing. Izuku hurried to roll his ball to the side, making his way out the room as he fixed his maternity pants. 

"Welcome." He hummed, seeing the exhausted-looking blond. Emerald eyes trailed down to the bags his lover was holding, one of them sticking out. Izuku's brows furrowed as he recognized the store's label on the white bag, knowing it wasn't a grocery store. "Where did you go? Did you buy baby things without me? Kacchan!" Midoriya whimpered, stepping closer. 

He flinched at how quick Bakugou set down the rest of the grocery bags on the kitchen counter, still clutching onto the expensive white bag in his hands. "I didn't buy baby shit, calm down, damn nerd." He hissed with a snarl. Izuku frowned, unsure how to react as his alpha stepped closer. He watched as Bakugou locked himself in the bathroom, leaving the omega to unpack the food Katsuki had went out to buy. 

He sighed with a low grumble as he approached the counter, putting away everything Bakugou had bought. He filled up the refrigerator with meats and certain fruits, and stored the cereals, spices and snacks in the cupboards. He was nearly done when he heard a loud rattle in the bathroom, Katsuki walking out with the bag again. 

"What did you buy?" Izuku asked, lazily pointing at the bag. He wasn't sure what his lover was trying to hide or what he would have bought that held so much importance, but he was curious to know. 

"For you." 

Emerald eyes widened as the white bag was held next to his head, the alpha's grip tightening on the bag's handles. He gently took it from Bakugou's grasp, reaching in to pull out a soft bundle. He smiled wide, butterflies blooming in his abdomen as he held a large fleece blanket. It was light gray, rolled up and thick. He knew it would be incredibly comfortable. 

"Why? You didn't have to, we have a lot of blankets here already." He hummed, looking up to annoyed crimsons. 

"Dumbass." Katsuki clicked his tongue. "It's... A courting gift." He spat. 

"A courting gift?" The omega's eyes widened. "We've been dating and mated for nearly two years now. You didn't really have to." He muttered. 

"Well, it's too fucking late now! I already scented it for you. Besides, I've owed you a courting gift since the very beginning. Now, we're official." He grumbled, taking the empty bag and throwing it out. Izuku stood quiet as he held the blanket to his chest, unwrapping the carboard wrap that held it together. He hurried to their bedroom, inhaling the blond's scent from the bundle with a large smile. A crash of love fell on his heart as he crawled into bed, removing his socks before covering himself with the thick sheet. 

"Ooh." He hummed in delight as he laid flat on his back, shifting to wrap himself up like a burrito as best as he could. He smiled as his bump showed through the gift, finding comfort in the warmth of his new item. His alpha's cologne filled his nostrils as he inhaled once more, holding back an excited child's giggle. He couldn't believe it; Bakugou had officially bought him a courting gift. Something he had been hoping for since the very beginning of their relationship.

"Deku." Bakugou mumbled, standing in the doorway. He received a hum in response as he stared at the greenette, happily wrapped in the new blanket. "I'm making curry for dinner. And, tomorrow, it's nice out. We can go down to the mall and shop for some baby clothes if that interests you." The alpha muttered, holding back a large smile. He smirked as the omega nodded frantically from the bed, finally releasing a giggle. 

"Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it." He grinned, not moving from the comfortable position he had taken. "Kacchan? Can you come join me for a bit?" He hummed. 

"I just told you..." The blond sighed, rubbing his temples as he shifted on his feet. "I have to go make dinner; curry." He finished, looking up to an unbothered expression. 

"Come on, we can eat later tonight! I just want you by my side a little." The omega whined. 

"Isn't the blanket enough? I just scented it. It smells like me, just hug a pillow or some shit." 

"But it's not the same. Plus, I know you like physical touch too." Izuku muttered. "It's normal; alphas crave their omega's touch when they're expecting." He continued. "Please? Just a little bit. Only five minutes. I promise I won't be too touchy-touchy, too." He whimpered, raising his brows. Bakugou froze, unsure. He glanced at the kitchen, then back through the doorway where his partner shifted comfortably. With a final sigh, he gave in. 

"Okay, but only ten minutes. Then, I'm making curry." He hissed, approaching the small hero. He watched the omega shift over to give him space as the blond grabbed Izuku's maternity pillow. He handed it over to the greenette, letting him get comfortable before crawling up by his side. It wasn't long before they were both snuggled close, Izuku pressing his nose to the taller man's strong chest. 

"She's kicking." Izuku hummed, closing his eyes as he inhaled the blond's cologne. 

"I'm still stuck on the fact that I'm having a girl." The blond spat, running his fingers through green curls on the back of Midoriya's head. He took a deep breath, knowing he wasn't alone. He knew Izuku would be by his side the entire time - He had no reason to panic or worry. But he still couldn't picture himself being a good dad to a girl. He wasn't exactly the girly type himself and was never sure how to treat females. Raising one sounded like nothing but a hassle. 

"We'll be fine. Oh, that reminds me..." Midoriya quietly trailed off, silence taking place. 

"Reminds you of what?" Bakugou asked, gently rubbing Izuku's back. 

"We have to call our parents to let them know we're having a little girl. I'm sure they wanna see the pictures too." The greenette muttered softly, fingers gripping at the blond's shirt. "Mm, you smell so good." 

"Yeah, I'm sure my hag is sitting at home just waiting for us to call. She can wait a bit longer, though." The blond chuckled to himself. He glanced down to green curls, his heart skipping a beat at the warmth Izuku released. The happy pheromones seeping off of his omega only made him feel pride and happiness himself. "Don't fall asleep, I told you I'm only here for a bit before I've gotta go cook."

"I won't." Izuku hummed, smiling as he refused to open his eyes. He once again inhaled the smell of his alpha's cologne, feeling their daughter calm down in his abdomen. His cramps had stopped, and her kicks were calming down. It was clear; his system always relaxed with Bakugou's presence. "I love you." The small male smiled, his body relaxing in the 20-year-old's embrace. 

Katsuki smiled, huffing as he pressed a gentle kiss on green curls. Once again, the urge to say I Love You back overcame him. But he refused to give in to his instincts. He and Izuku had agreed to having a professional relationship right from the start. The feelings Izuku expressed every now and then were mostly due to hormones. After everything they had been through, Katsuki knew the greenette cared and loved him very much. He just didn't believe the omega actually loved him romantically.

Katsuki sighed as his body suddenly tensed, the sound of soft snoring filling their shared bedroom. He clenched his jaw in irritation as his brows furrowed, looking down in frustration. 

"You stupid nerd, I told you not to fall asleep."