● Nineteen ●

Katsuki grumbled as he made his way up the metal stairs, looking up to his apartment on the top floor. His brows furrowed as he noticed the window was lit up by the kitchen light, knowing damn well Izuku should be sleeping at this hour. After all, there was only 10 minutes left before midnight. 

The blond had stayed late to work to finish up a few files and reports, giving it was his last day before paternity leave. Izuku was finally finishing his 28th week of pregnancy, starting his 29th. Only 11 weeks remained before their pup was meant to be introduced into the world, and to be honest, he was very excited. 

The gender of their child was meant to be revealed at their next doctor's appointment, and the blond prayed it would be a little boy. He simply couldn't picture himself with a daughter. He knew little to nothing about girls other than how fragile they normally came out to be. He knew they had periods, which he was terrified of teaching his daughter about. A little boy would be much simpler and he knew he'd be a better father if he ended up having a son. He wasn't too worried though - The Bakugou's were known to have boys more often than girls.

Katsuki sighed as he unlocked the door, walking in to see the greenette relaxing on their living room sofa. 

"Ah, welcome home!" Izuku cooed, throwing his head back to spot the blond. He gave a smile before returning his attention to the television, where a maternity documentary played. Crimson eyes roamed around the kitchen and living room, frowning at how unusually clean it was. 

"You did the dishes?" He noted, undoing the laces to his black and orange boots. 

"Yeah. I figured you'd get home late so I did some cleaning. I know I'm not the best at it, but I think I did better. I made sure to wash and dry every dish perfectly. I also swept and vacuumed the furniture." He stated, emeralds glued to the screen. 

"Why're you still up? You're clearly tired." The blond hummed. "You know not to wait up on me when I stay late in at work."

"I know." The omega hummed in response. "I just wanted to see you come home." He muttered. "Plus, I found this cool maternity thing." He added, pointing at the television. Katsuki sighed as he approached the couch, leaning on the back as he watched a few seconds of the episode. 

"What's it about?" He asked. It was obviously about babies and maternity, as the screen showed off a woman demonstrating how to correctly put on a diaper on an artificial baby.

"It's a show, about maternity and how to make sure your newborn is comfortable. It shows how to swaddle a baby correctly, put on diapers, how the pup should be placed when it's being fed, how much you need to feed the baby every time and how often you should do it." Izuku started, lifting a finger at every thing he listed. "There's also ten minutes on every episode that explains random facts about babies and their growth, answering most questions new parents have. Every episode is based on one or two things. Like, this one here is about diapers and how to keep the baby clean at all times, and what happens if you don't use certain things while changing the baby." 

"Sounds... Educational. I think the doctors at the hospital are gonna show us how to do most of that shit anyway, Deku." The blond hummed, removing his gloves. "Which reminds me, I finally saved up all the money for the hospital bill and private room, and it's all been pre-paid. I paid it earlier today." He huffed. 

"Ah, that's great." The greenette replied with a smile. 

"You should head to bed, Izuku." The blond muttered, ruffling green curls. "I know you're tired. I'll join in a bit, I have to shower, first."

"Yeah, okay. Don't take too long." Midoriya mumbled, shifting to stand up. Katsuki smiled as he watched his lover waddle over to the bedroom, noticing the maternity pants the greenette had recently started to wear. Since Izuku had been struggling to find joggings that would fit him, he was stuck starting to wear his maternity pants.