● Nine ●

Midoriya and Bakugou walked into their apartment, exhaustion written all over their faces. It had been a long shift, both working 9 to 5 in different areas of Hosu. Izuku had been paired with Ochako to patrol a small area, where they arrested two thugs, while Bakugou had been assigned to a different zone with Hanta. 

"How was work?" The blond asked, breaking the silence. Izuku sighed, saddened that his maternity leave was starting so soon. He wished he could have stayed at work for longer, like Jiro who had left at her six month mark, but his quirk didn't allow him to do so. 

"It was okay. Uraraka said she was going to miss having patrols with me." The greenette muttered, trying to keep a happy tone in his voice. He received a hum in response as he spoke up again. "How was yours? With Sero, right?" He questioned, looking over to the blond who kicked off his boots. 

"It was alright." Bakugou muttered. "You're calling my parents tonight, right?" He immediately asked, meeting emeralds. Izuku flinched as he had forgotten about the deal he had made with his partner. 

"Right, let's eat first." The omega said, still holding onto the bag of sandwiches he had brought home. It was almost seven o'clock, and the two usually at around five or six on their days off. Both hungry, they took their usual seats at the dinner table and picked out their sandwiches.

"How do you plan on telling them?" Katsuki asked before taking a bite from his meal. He glanced up as Midoriya shrugged. 

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I think I'll just tell them as it is and answer some of their questions." He muttered in thought. "I'm kind of nervous, though." He hummed, unwrapping his sandwich. A silence roamed and Bakugou seemed to fidget in his chair a bit. 

"I'll call them. You only have to focus on your mom and All Might." He grumbled. 

"Kacchan, you don't have to. I'll call your mom and dad for you, it really doesn't bother me." Midoriya spoke.

"No, I'll call them. I'll put them on speaker-phone so I can have you as backup if ever the hag gets out of hand. I don't wanna run away from them." The blond sighed, fiddling with his sandwich. "Sound good to you?" 

Izuku smiled as he nodded, taking another bite from the turkey sub in his hands. 

"Are you done?" Midoriya hummed, looking over to the blond who wiped down his hands after finishing the dishes. 

"Yeah, who're you calling first?" Bakugou asked, taking a seat next to the greenette. He glanced down to the device between freckled fingers to see Inko's name on screen. 

"My mom. I want to tell her first. Is that okay?" He muttered, his thumb hovering over the call button. Katsuki nodded, understanding the other's point of view as the phone began to ring. Both men tensed as they waited, a quiet voice suddenly speaking up at the other end.