Epilogue

Ophelia

"Oh come on! Tell me! Please? Pretty please?" I ask, desperation taking over my dignity what little of it I had left.

"Let me think about it... no." Maddox said with a slight chuckle. 

Later tonight we would all be heading to quite a big art expo, where Maddox would be unveiling his newest piece in a long line. He let me look at all the others, but for some reason he kept this one locked up, which, of course only made me more curious to see it. For the past two weeks I've done everything in my power to get even just the slightest peak at it, and I've gotten nothing!

Hasn't he ever heard the story of Pandora's box or was it Pandora jar? I can never remember. 
Either way, you shouldn't tempt me with something if you're not going to show me it and so for three days I changed my tatic to be more direct and I've been begging him to show me before the art expo, and every time he says no and hide's it somewhere new

Just because I ask you something in your face doesn't mean I won't go behind your back and do the same damn thing. He even managed to get Alastair and Demetrius on his side and now they won't even help me find the damn painting anymore.

No matter how many times I flash them either they still won't help, but they do get the biggest smiles on their faces' when I do so at least someone's happy.

But tonight was finally the night and I would finally see it!

I was dressed to the nines, a long slip dress in the most gorgeous shade of blue. A high slit and a deep V revealed far more than I was actually comfortable with. Maddox had rented out a fancy limo for this event and I was so excited.

Maddox had disappeared shortly after we arrived. There was quite a crowd around Alaistarand  Demetrious, who took every opportunity to schmooze with people. They were quite social, I on the other hand was not.

Being around them made me more open to people, but I didn't really enjoy small talk. Now if you wanna talk about your hopes and dreams or adventures or even plans for the world then I'm your girl however, talking about your favorite food or your favorite color is not really my thing. Taking the first chance I got I sipped away from their little party and went to go see the different collections being displayed.

I loved looking at different pieces, art has a way of showing the deepest part of someones soul and then makes you question your own. The last two years have been quite interesting my father dying... my mother killing herself... my kidnapping...

So much has changed and yet I feel just the same...

"Hey there you are!" Demetrious said breaking me out of my thoughts. "Come on Maddox is about to start his speech."

Maddox was up on a pedestal. The entire crowd got silent. " ladies, gentlemen, and those of who have yet to decide. We are here tonight, because we love art, and we have a passion to create. Tonight I'm about to give you my greatest creation. It was inspired by a girl, my muse, if you would. Who has shown me so much kindness, compassion, and love these last two years, but I just can't wait to show you all. Ophelia this one's for you sweetie. It's worth the wait."

He nodded once, and like the showman, I was beginning to think he was the curtains split apart to reveal the most beautiful painting I've ever seen. It was a girl who seem to be laying flat on her back in a puddle or at a stream staring up at the sky.

She looked peaceful with flowers in her hand, eyes, staring up at the world she was pale- she was dead. I soon realized at least that's the way she looked.

Maddox soon came up behind us and grab me and for American giggle like a schoolgirl I still felt like. "So what did you think?" he asked, expectant.

"It's beautiful I've never seen anything like it, but I have a question?"

"When don't you have a question?" Demetrious sniped.

"Ignore him, what's your question sweetie?"

"Is the girl in your painting dead?" 

"I'm not sure, does she look dead?" He said answering my question with of his own.

"Almost. She looks as if she's just discovered something. Either hauntingly beautiful and peaceful or she's given up. I can't tell which one is more prominent." I explain to him.

"Beauty is it in the eye of the beholder, so I think great art is also in the eye of the beholder, you can have 1 million different meanings or just one it all depends on the person."

"Wow you sound so philosophical, maybe you should take up poetry?" Alastair snarks.

"Maybe I will, now come on I've got other people I want to show you off too, so now I get you all to myself now." Maddox said

"If you wanted me, all you had to do was ask." I whispered sweetly into his ear.

" I whispered sweetly into his ear