☆Broken Embers- Dusttale Sansby

Plot: Sans is deciding to do his own genocide route. Yet when he reaches Grillby, he feels a rush of emotions. Can he really kill his own boyfriend?

A/N: This is before he kills Papyrus and goes full insane

~☆~

Grillby opens the bar that morning, soon realizing that Sans isn't there at his normal time. He quickly decided to close the bar before anyone walks in. There is something much more important that needs tending to right now. He makes his way over to Sans and Papyrus's house, knocking on the door, Papyrus opens it.

"Oh, hello Grillby! Here to see Sans I presume?" Papyrus asks, Grillby nods. "Well that probably won't be possible. You see, Sans won't come out of his room no matter what I do. Perhaps you may have better luck if you wish to try!" Papyrus mentions how he has to recalibrate his puzzles, but Grillby can stay as long as he likes and to let Sans know that he doesn't have to work today if he doesn't want to.

As Papyrus leaves the house, Grillby makes his way up the stairs and gently knocks on his boyfriends door. "Sans? Are you awake?" It was silent for a moment before he heard a weak voice.

"Yeah..." he sounded like he had been crying, which was out of the ordinary. He has never seen or heard of the usually happy skeleton crying.

"Can I come in?" Grillby asks, though if he wouldn't let Papyrus in then he most likely won't let him in.

Sans didn't know what to say. He didn't want Grillby to see him like this... so broken...but him seeing would probably be better than Papyrus seeing.

"I guess so..." Sans said, standing up and unlocking his door. When Grillby saw him, Sans had his hood covering his face, which he had never done before. "C'mon, or else I'm gonna lock you out again."

Grillby quickly stepped into the room, noticing how Sans didn't bother to shut the door behind him. Sans sat on his bed and brought his knees to his chest, motioning for Grillby to sit next to him. The flame monster did so.

"My first thought is asking if you're okay, but I think it's clear that you're not. Do you want to talk about it?" Grillby asked, not wanting to spring too many questions onto Sans and make him feel overwhelmed. Sans slowly shook his head. "Well can you at least look at me?" Sans hesitated for a moment before looking up at Grillby, tears streaming down his face. Grillby has never seen Sans so upset before. Grillby gently places his hands on either side of Sans's face before gently kissing him on the forehead. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

Sans thought for a moment. What could Grillby do? Could he really do anything? It's not like he'll remember any of this tomorrow anyway, so there isn't really a point anymore. Yet he couldn't stop himself from saying what he truly wanted.

"Can you just...hold me for a minute?" Sans asked, noticing how quickly Grillby pulled him over to him, setting Sans on his lap and wrapping his arms around him.

Sans could feel himself beginning to cry harder as he buried his face into Grillby's chest and gripped his shirt tightly. Grillby felt so sad for the small skeleton, and it was painful to not know what was going on or how to help him. All he could really do right now was just make the skeleton feel like he was loved.

He slowly began to rock them back and forth slightly, which comforted Sans a little bit, and after a while he eventually stopped crying. He hated feeling like this. Just so powerless. He's seen the ones he loves dying over and over again, and feeling like he isn't in control was awful. He wanted to stop this, but the way he is now it was impossible. The only way he knew how to possibly stop the human was to gain more LV, but he didn't want to do that route. But isn't ending their suffering before it happens better than nothing?