☆The Judge And The Guard- Fell Brothers & Kustard

Plot: When Edge found out about his brother's position as the royal judge, a fight breaks out between the two brothers, leaving Red to seek out the comfort from Classic before facing his brother again

~☆~

Red trudged along the snowy path back home after a long day of sitting at his station and doing nothing. Surely Edge would be home by now with some lasagna made for dinner so they could eat together like usual. Perhaps he had a new story to tell about his training with Undyne today, wouldn't that be something.

He carefully snuck past a group of young monsters attacking another, making sure he wasn't seen as he opened the door to the surprisingly quiet house. Edge wasn't home yet. Red was concerned at first, as his brother had made it his routine to be home around this time every day, but there was always the chance that he just got caught up in his training with Undyne and didn't notice the time.

With a content sigh, Red plopped himself down onto the couch, pulling out his phone to read the several messages left by Classic telling him about this anime Alphys introduced to him before another message telling him that he loves him and to have a good day. He felt a small blush creep onto his cheeks as he read the messages, wondering how he managed to score such an adorable skeleton.

Before he could text back, however, Edge burst through the door and slammed it behind him, causing Red to jump a small bit before putting his phone back into his pocket.

"Woah, ya alright, Boss? Did somethin' happen?" Red asked, getting up from his spot on the couch and walking over to his brother.

Edge didn't respond immediately, instead he grabbed the collar of Reds shirt to pick him up and bring him closer so they could see eye to eye.

Instinctively, Red grabbed Edge's arm in an attempt to pry himself from his brother's grasp. This wasn't going to be good.

"How could you not tell me?" Edge said, quiet a first but his grip tightening.

"T-tell ya what, Boss?" Red asked, his voice beginning to shake. Edge was always scary when he was angry, but he knew that if anyone else was in his place that they would've certainly shit themselves the second Edge grabbed them.

"How could you not tell me that you are the royal judge?!" Edge yelled, causing Reds eyes to open in surprise.

Alphys had told him? After all the deals they had made she went behind his back and told him?!

Red quickly did his best to mask him anger, but there was no way he could come up with a good enough lie to get himself out of this on.

"I wasn't s'posed tah tell ya! It was in the fuckin' job description!" Red joked in a sorry attempt to humor his way out of this fight, but Edge wasn't having it.

"Bullshit! After everything I've been through and worked my ass off for, you've been judge this whole time?! Ever since I was old enough and strong enough to take care of both of us I've been working my ass off to protect you! Here I was all this time under the assumption that you were too weak to protect yourself. You have one HP for gods sake! And yet you're one of the strongest monsters in the Underground?! What the fuck have I been working so hard for?!" Edge yelled, tears beginning to spill from his eye sockets.

Red was taken aback. He had no idea Edge felt the way he did, and yet he couldn't help but feel several different emotions at one time. He was angry at Alphys for telling him, sad and disappointed in himself for making his little brother feel the way he did, but overall scared about how this was going to affect their relationship.