☆Sweet Silence- Kralsei

Plot: When Kris is with Ralsei, there is no need to feel bad about not talking, as they both enjoyed the silence together

~☆~

Kris was never known for talking, and everyone had to gradually get used to the silence. Though silence was unbearable for a lot of people, even Susie and Noelle got upset sometimes due to the silence, and somedays Kris often recalled their first meeting with some people. Susie, Noelle, Asriel, Dad...Mom was the first one who wasn't angry or weirded out by Kris' silence, and sometimes Kris assumed that she would be the only one, until they met Ralsei.

Speaking of Ralsei, now seemed like a good time to go see him, it could be a good idea to hang out with him this weekend since Kris and Susie have no homework. Kris pulled out their phone, clicking on Susie's contact to text her.

Moss Eater- Hey Susie, I'm going to the CastleTown for the weekend, wanna come?

Chalk Eater- HELL YEAH!

Moss Eater- Is Noelle coming too, or is she still tense from what happened with Queen?

Chalk Eater- I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her about it, I mean it's only been a week since then

Moss Eater- True, alright, lemme talk to my mom and then we'll break into the school

Chalk Eater- FIRST ONE THERE GETS TO THROW RALSEI AT ROUXLS

Kris chuckled slightly as they turned off their phone, placing it in their back pocket as they walked out of their room to find their mom.

It didn't take long to find Toriel, since she was just sitting on Chairiel and going over the curriculum she would be teaching for next week. She looked up from her planner when she heard Kris step into the room."

Hello Kris, what do you need?" She asked, putting her planner to the side so she can focus on Kris' sign language. "You want to spend the night with a friend? Oh honey, of course you can! Have fun alright, come home before Monday this time please." Kris nodded, hugging her before walking back upstairs to their room to grab a few things. They already had clothes and such at Ralsei's place, so they mainly only needed their phone, charger, and knife. They shoved the items into a nearby bag and left, hugging Toriel once more before leaving the house and walking towards the school.

Just thinking of spending their whole weekend with Ralsei caused their cheeks to adapt a pink tint. Not much was able to send Kris into a state of true happiness, but for some reason every time they were around Ralsei, they were just filled with pure serotonin.

As they thought about their weekend, Kris found themselves at the school much faster than they though they would and went inside, assuming that Susie was already there.

They opened the closet door and jumped in, their form changing on the way down, however there was no sign of Susie when they hit the bottom.

They assumed that Susie was already inside the castle, and so Kris just made their way to said castle to meet up with her. However, Ralsei seemed shocked to see Kris.

"Oh, hello Kris! I didn't expect to see you today! Have you finished all your homework for the week, or do I need to banish you again?" He asked with an adorable chuckle and cute smile. Kris blushed a small bit and smiled, shaking their head yes before signing to Ralsei. "Awe, of course you can spend the night! I've been meaning to ask you that anyway." He responded, a pink tint forming on his cheeks.

"Dear god if you two are gonna kiss just do it already!" a harsh voice said, causing the two of them to jump.

"Yeah! If you two are together then you should totally kiss!" A childish voice responded afterwards.

"S-Susie! Lancer! W-We weren't-" though he was cut off with Kris kissing his cheek, not saying anything as they walked over to Susie, smiling when they saw Lancer on her shoulders. They signed to her, and she laughed maniacally.

"Of course I threw Ralsei! I told you I would, I'm not a chump who goes back on her word!" Susie said, rushing back off to the castle with Lancer. "Now we're gonna go back to digging a tunnel to connect Lancer's room to mine!" and with that, they were gone.

Ralsei walked up beside Kris, the two of them standing in silence for a little while before Ralsei decided to speak. "U-umm, Kris? Would you perhaps like to spend some time together for a little while? I have a new book series we can start together!"

Now Kris never was a huge fan of reading, but when they read with Ralsei, their interest was always high. Even when they were tired, Ralsei would break the silence and read to them so they could peacefully nap. It was something they thoroughly enjoyed doing after school.

Kris nodded and outstretched their hand for Ralsei to take, rubbing the back of his hand with their thumb as they walked to Ralsei's room.

They walked in silence, but that was something that either of them enjoyed. Kris loved how Ralsei never made them feel pressured to talk, just letting them be as silent as they needed to until the day arrived where Kris felt like they could finally speak again. Ralsei knew this about Kris, their reasoning as to why they never spoke, and how much his calm demeanor kept them at ease.

As they passed by Lancer's room, they heard talking and laughing as well as a new collection of various cartoon sounds and music that Susie had previously downloaded to Lancer's MP3, but once they were upstairs where Ralsei's room was, soft and calm music was heard. Sometimes its violin, sometimes it's a music box, most times it's a piano, but that's just how Ralsei was, perfect music for a perfect, fluffy boy.

"So, the book I found is called Harry Potter, I feel like you'd really like it." Kris nodded and sat on Ralsei's bed, enjoying the softness of his sheets. "So, are we reading together or are you more in the mood for a nap?" Ralsei asked, and Kris just backed up so that their back was against the wall, leaving enough room for Ralsei to sit between their legs.

Ralsei smiled, finding a comfortable position between Kris' legs and his back against their chest. The room was quiet for then on, aside from the soft piano playing in the background. There was no need for talking from either of them, just the comfortable silence and the slow flipping of the pages, which was all Kris needed.