☆Uncle's- Jevil, Seam, & Lancer

Plot: Just some wholesome Jevil, Seam, and Lancer where Seam and Jevil are basically uncles to Lancer

Requested By: PLEASEIJUSTWNNASEES

~☆~

Lancer huffed as he walked out of the castle. His dad was busy with work like always and just yelled at Lancer all because he wanted to show his dad the alterations he made to his bike. He was alone now, which isn't what he wanted but it was better than being back in the castle with a grouchy father.

Right as he uncrossed his arms to try and relax a bit, he felt two hands on his shoulders which caused him to flinch and quickly turn around. "Oh, it's just you, Jevil," Lancer said, sighing in relief. 

Jevil chuckled, "sorry if I scared you, Lancer. I couldn't help but notice that you looked a little down, and we can't have that." That was something Lancer liked about Jevil, he never treated him like royalty, he treated him like family. It was comforting. "So, where are we heading?"

"Oh uh, I dunno! I was kinda just gonna walk in a random direction and see where I end up!" Lancer said, causing Jevil to nod and follow the young prince along the path.

Jevil listened to Lancers rants about his fathers behavior today, not really having any input on the matter. He was but a mere jester, it was not his place to know about what the king was up to. After all, he was only hired to keep Lancer entertained and away from his father whenever he was busy.

Eventually, when they were far enough away from the castle, they stumbled upon a tiny shop made of cloth. The residence of a man Lancer and Jevil knew all too well.

"Uncle Seam!" Lancer called out as he rushed into the shop. Seam was Lancers favorite person aside from Jevil and his father.

Seam sighed and put his needle down, sure he wasn't upset by the sudden visit, but Lancer somehow always managed to show up at the most inconvenient times.

"Hello, Lancer. What can I do for you?" Seam was th same as Jevil in the sense that he didn't care about royal status, too old for it is what he always said.

"Nothing. Is it alright if Jevil and I hang out here for a little bit?" Lancer asked, already looking around at all the new items Seam had acquired after his last visit.

Seam looked over at Jevil, just seeing the jester shrug his shoulders and fly up to the ceiling to sit. The cat sighed, "Alright, just don't break anything."

Lancer smiled and nodded, hugging Seam before rushing around to look at things. Seam decided to take his attention off of the young prince and go back to the shirt he was stitching up. Jevil didn't find the shop very entertaining, but it was something taking Lancers mind off of everything that had happened with his father.

The shop was quiet for a little while, much to Seams joy, but he knew it wouldn't last. Jevil was here and Lancer could never stay quiet for long. The kid basically had ADHD, it was hard for him to keep quiet and stay still. And it didn't take long before Lancer was right next to Seam watching every single thing he did.

"I didn't know you could sew, Uncle Seam," Lancer said, picking up some string that was sitting next to the needles.

"Ya learn a few things as ya get older, Lancer," Seam said, grabbing the scissors to cut the string when he finished. He held the shirt up to examine it, it was perfect. "See? You'd never know it was ripped in the first place."

"Still looks like a shitty shirt to me," Jevil said with a chuckle, earning himself a glare from Seam.

Lancer gently grabbed the shirt an examined when the hole was stitched. "But I can still see the string."

Seam sighed, taking the shirt back. "Once something is broken, it's hard to make it look like it was never broken from up close. That's why I don't focus on perfection. It looks as good as mew from afar, and that's good enough for me."

The young prince looked at the sad expression Seam wore on his face. For some reason he felt like his words meant more that just a ripped shirt, there was something deep and painful there, but he didn't know  what.

Noticing the change in atmosphere, Jevil groaned and floated down off of the ceiling. "Geez what a buzzkill. Wanna go grab some food, Lancer? It's past the time when you usually eat."

"Sure! Wanna come, Uncle Seam?"

The call seemed shocked. He usually never leaves his shop unless he is grabbing stuff for his house or materials to use or sell. But maybe one trip couldn't hurt. "Why not? Lead the way."

Seam walked next to Lancer, who found comfort in holding the cats hand. Jevil floated on the other side of Lancer, keeping him happy with a variety of jokes and stories.

This is what Lancer loved, spending time with the two people that he basically considered his uncles. Whenever his dad wasn't a parent to him, he knew he could always rely on the only other people who felt like family.

Eventually they came across the bake sake, causing Lancers eyes to light up. He quickly grabbed Jevils hand as well and dragged the two of them over to a particular stand.

"Do you guys wanna try these? They're my favorite!" Lancer asked, letting go of their hands.

Jevil immediately said yes, and with a little convincing,  Seam agreed to try it as well. They were given the treat before turning around to head back to Seams shop. Lancer wanted to look around some more and Jevil wanted to see Seam make something genuinely interesting.

As they day went on, the three of them wound down a bit. Lancer had picked out a stuffed animal that Seam had made a while back and was snuggling with it, fast asleep with his head on Seams lap. Seam was reading a book and Jevil decided to draw a few pictures for Seam on the ceiling.

"Jevil, I think it's time you take Lancer home. His father is going to start worrying when it gets dark," Seam said, his eyes unmoving from the book.

Jevil rolled his eyes, "please, I think we both know that his dad hasn't noticed that he left in the first place. He's losing his mind more and more by the day."

"It doesn't matter, you know he can't stay here. Whoever it is that is supposed to watch Lancer at night is going to notice that he's not in his room and tell his father. Who do you think is going to die when he realizes that he's here?"

Jevil sighed, "I know. I just want what's best for him."

"We both do, but now isn't the time to be making his father upset. Especially when Lancer still doesn't know what is happening."

"Maybe you're right," Jevil sighed, "fine, give him to me." He floated down and took Lancer and the stuffed toy from Seam. "Thanks for helping me out today."

Seam smiled at the jester, "you're welcome. Though next time maybe help me keep him out of trouble. He almost broke my favorite lamp."

"Geez old timer, maybe pick an item that isn't boring to be your favorite," Jevil said with a laugh, saying goodbye to the cat before flying out of the shop and back towards the castle.

Seam waved and sighed, content with the silence once more as he continued to read his book. He always enjoyed Lancers company, and was looking forward to his next visit. Even if he didn't like to admit it.