14

Kosta's POV.

I spotted Blaire walking in the distance with André and Sam, I made my way towards them, while they exit the school entrance. I closes the distance between them, my footsteps quiet on the pavement.

"Blaire!" I called out. She turns to me and so André and Sam, Blaire's expression calm but welcoming.

"Oh, Kosta. Hey." Blaire smiled.

"There you are André, and Sam. It's nice to see you two" I said, sarcastically. I could feel André glaring at me.

"It's nice to see you too, Kosta" Sam, smiling. André forced a smile clearly not buying my sarcastic greetings.

"I was just about to call you. We've got that PowerPoint presentation to work on." Blaire, still smiling.

"About that, how about we do it at my house. It's quiet there and we can work on it peacefully" I suggested to Blaire. She considers the suggestion, a small smile forming in her lips.

"You can work on it at the caffe" André steps in, his face shows a sign of irritation.

"But it's pretty noisy there, I'd like to work on it at the quiet place." Blaire said.

"It's alright, my penthouse is a distraction free" I said, I glance at André who looked pissed. He's obviously feel threatened at me coming closer to Blaire.

"That's great then, André and I will make our PowerPoint presentation in our house too. Have fun!" Sam exclaimed as she pulls André with her, he looks hesitant be can't do nothing about it.

"Aren't they look lovely?" I said, while staring at Sam pulling André with her.

Blaire chuckles. "Lovebirds, huh?"

"Let's go?" I asked her and she nodded, we walked towards the exit, heading to my penthouse.

Blaire's POV.

Kosta's luxurious penthouse living room is bathed in natural light, creating an inviting atmosphere

Kosta's luxurious penthouse living room is bathed in natural light, creating an inviting atmosphere. The whole city is visible through the huge glass windows. It's almost night time but I decided to stay for a while.

Kosta and I sit on the couch, resting after we've finished making our PowerPoint presentation. The dim hum of city life filters in from below. Our exhausted smiles hint at the satisfaction of a job well done. We decided to treat ourselves and ordered some pizza, the aroma of cheesy goodness filling the air as we talk about silly things while we eagerly wait for it.

Kosta leans back, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he chuckles at one of my anecdotes. 'You always manage to lighten the mood, Blaire,' he says, shaking his head in mock disbelief.

I playfully nudge his shoulder. 'Well, someone has to make sure we don't take ourselves too seriously, right?'

He raises an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in his eyes. 'Oh, absolutely. But you do realize that you're the queen of distraction, don't you?'

I gasp in mock offense, placing a hand over my heart. 'Queen of distraction? Is that a challenge, Kosta?'

He grins and nods. 'You bet it is.'

Our laughter fills the room as we start on an impromptu challenge of who can come up with the silliest and most outrageous distraction tactics. The city lights twinkle below us, mirroring the playful sparks between us.

As we dissolve into fits of laughter, the doorbell rings, It's probably a pizza delivery. Kosta walks heading to the door, to pay for our order.

The smell of the newly baked pizza fills the air as we took a bite of our delicious treats.

"This is probably one of the best pizzas in town," Kosta mumbled, his voice slightly audible despite his mouth being stuffed with pizza. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Indeed!" I agreed, taking another bite of the pizza.

"Anyway, do you live here alone?" I asked Kosta, and he nodded.

"Yeah, my mom and sister are in Serbia," he said.

"Is that your mom?" I asked, pointing at the huge family frame hanging on the wall.

"Yes! Isn't she beautiful?" Kosta smiled as he gazed up at the family picture.

I nodded at him. "Your little sister is pretty as well. You probably got the looks from your parents."

"Of course, my sister and I look almost the same," Kosta replied. "We were pretty popular at school back then," he added.

"Up until now, wherever you go, you're still popular," I replied, and he chuckled.

Kosta's POV.

I glanced at Blaire, who was happily looking at our family picture with admiration. She shifted her attention back to me and stared for a while.

"You know what, your companionship somehow helped me forget the traumatic incident from the past," Blaire muttered, her eyes locked onto mine.

"What incident?" I asked, intrigued by her sudden change of topic.

"It's...uh," she paused for a second and then continued, "I happened to witness a murder before. That's why I moved here, to forget everything."

I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat awkwardly, avoiding her gaze and keeping my eyes fixed somewhere else. I felt her shifted her gaze on somewhere as well.

"It..it must have been really tough to deal with by yourself" I said, stumbling upon my words. I held a glass of water and took a sip on it.

"it was a nightmare It happened right in front of me. It's been haunting me ever since." She muttered, I glance at her, her eyes slightly watering.

I placed my hand on hers as my comfort "I'm here for you, if you need someone to lean on."

She looked at me, and wrap her hands around me pulling me into her warm embrace.

"Thank you, Kosta. Your friendship means a lot to me." I felt a pang of guilt building within me upon hearing those words.

She doesn't even have an Idea that I approach her as some threat, that I approach her for a deadly purpose.

Blaire breaks the hug and gazes out the window.

"Oh, it's already dark. I need to go home" She said, and stood up immediately picking her books and stuffs.

"I'll bring you home" I offered "It's dangerous outside at this hour"

She agreed with it and we walked downstairs heading to the parking lot.