23

Kosta's POV

The interior of a dimly lit, rustic bar is filled with the hum of conversations and the clinking of glasses. The wooden floors creak underfoot as customers gather around tables, booths, and the long bar counter. Soft, warm lighting casts a cozy ambiance, while the bar's walls are adorned with vintage advertisements and old photographs. The loud sound of a bass adding a thrill.

This is a place where secrets and confessions can be shared in the comfort of dimly veiled privacy.

It's 8:10 pm I just brought Blaire home earlier and headed straight here after, to clear my mind. My friend Veljko a young looking individual with long hair up to his shoulder and a hint of mischief in his eyes, joins me at the bar.

"Long time no see, my friend. What brings you here tonight?" Veljko sliding on the bar stool next to me.

"Needed a place to clear my head. Things have been... complicated lately." I said and took a sip of the whiskey.

He raises his one eyebrow "Complicated, huh? Care to share?"

I sighed as I facepalmed "It's about Blaire."

Veljko leaned in, intrigued "Ah, the one you were assigned to eliminate?"

I nodded "Yeah. I brought her back to their home earlier, but... I couldn't follow through with it."

"To hesitation, then." Veljko, raising his glass. We clink our glasses together before I continue.

I paused searching for the right words "It's just that... I saw something in her eyes, something that made me question the entire mission. I felt a connection, Veljko, a shared struggle. I've killed without hesitation before, but this time... I hesitated."

He nodded "That's a heavy burden. But you're not just a machine. You've got a heart in that chest of yours."

"It's both a strength and a curse. My superiors won't understand this. They'll see it as weakness." grimacing.

Veljko leaning closer "Maybe it's time to redefine your path, Kosta. You've always been a man of principle. If your gut is telling you this isn't right, maybe you need to listen."

I gaze into my glass "I don't know... I've been trained to follow orders without mercy."

Veljko placed his hands on my shoulder. "Sometimes, questioning those orders is the bravest thing you can do. You've got a choice to make, my friend."

"I've done some messed up in the past, but Blaire's just different" I said, taking a deep gulp from my glasses letting the alcohol consume me.

Veljko looked at me for a second before tapping my shoulders. "You have to decide sooner, my friend" he said and walked away towards the girls dancing in the crowd.

My eyes are focused on the dance floor as I constantly took a gulp from my glasses, my sight caught the figure of a blonde woman who's approaching my direction, She's wearing a black fitted dress. As she got closer I recognize her face she's Maddy the one who approached me on the school canteen during my the first day.

Taking a deep breath, I composed myself and prepared for the inevitable conversation. Maddy had that seductive look on her face, as if she's trying to seduce me, well she can't, I ain't interested and I knew there was no escaping this interaction. As she reached my table, but I decided to play it cool.

"Hey there, Kosta" Maddy purred, sliding onto the barstool next to me. "We met again. Do you mind if I join you this time"

I smirked, taking a sip of my drink. "Sure, why not? Looks like I could use some company."

She leaned in, her lips inches from my ear. "You always know how to have a good time, don't you?"

I chuckled, playing along. "Well, life's too short to be boring, right?"

Maddy's laughter was soft and alluring. "Absolutely. So, Why are you drinking alone? Did that girl Blaire dumped you?"

"No. Just trying to unwind," I replied, watching her carefully. "Dealing with the usual chaos, you know."

Her fingers lightly brushed against mine as she reached for her own drink. "Well, lucky for you, I specialize in making chaos look... enticing."

I raised an eyebrow, feigning interest. "Is that so? And how exactly do you manage that?"

Maddy's eyes held a mischievous glint. "Oh, it's all about the art of distraction. Taking your mind off the mundane and into a world of possibilities."

I played along, leaning a bit closer. "And what kind of possibilities are we talking about here?"

Her smile widened. "Well, for starters, a night you won't forget. Just let go of inhibitions and follow me."

I backed away from, knowing what she meant. I took the last sip from my glass, "Gotta go" I said, briefly.

"Wait, where are you going?" Maddy yells in annoyance.

I walked towards Veljko who's flirting with a woman at the other table. I pulled him out of the table and drag him outside the bar.

"What's the sudden emergency" He asked. I took off the pistol that I stucked in my pocket but I made sure no one sees us.

"We have something to take care off, I know you will enjoy" Veljko smirked as he understood what I meant and we both hop on the car.

...

Blaire's POV

I'm sitting at my desk, dressed in cozy pajamas. I just finished bathing and now I'm putting on some skincare and other bodycare stuff's. I glance at my phone, feeling a bit disappointed as I notice no reply from KOSTA.

"Guess he's still busy... " I muttered, I'm just making sure he gets home safe.

I sighed and took my biology book. As I flips through the pages, my mind drifts back to the amusement park adventure with Kosta. A hint of a smile tugs at the corner of my lips.

FLASHBACK: Kosta and I are seen laughing, hands in the air, on a thrilling roller coaster ride. Our carefree joy is contagious as we share this exhilarating moment.

I shook my head, trying to shake off the daydream.

I start reading the biology book again, my brow furrowing as I absorbs the complex information. As I studies, my thoughts keep drifting back to Kosta. I took a deep breath, attempting to clear my mind and concentrate.

I glances at my phone once more, still no reply from Kosta. I lets out a frustrated sigh and decides to turn off the phone, placing it face-down on
my desk. I tossed the biology book and stomped on my bed. I threw my self on it.

"No point in waiting around. I'll just have to catch up with him on Monday." I whispered to my self as I closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

...